Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my SAXD Tactical in .45 GAP yesterday and took it to the range for a couple boxes of fun. I carefully selected the XD because of its ergonomics...I compared the grip and feel and balance of this gun to nearly everything else I could get my hands on, from Kimbers and various 1911s, to Glock 21s and 37s and USPs, so it wasn't any surprise to me that at the range, this pistol felt awesome to shoot and better than many I'd shot. It's docile; I'd compare the kick more to that of a Glock 22, just a little more than my Glock 19, and the recovery between shots was really remarkable. It's a -nail driver-! It shoots right on POA. I didn't have any printed targets and was just plinking on some cans and such out in the country, but after a single box of .45 GAPs (Winchester 230gr, I believe), at about ~30', I was putting a hole in anything I wanted to, dead on, right at POA, nearly every time...which I thought was remarkable for a pistol model and caliber I'd never shot before. I have a feeling this pistol will make me look like a much better shot than I really am! :) My last carry pistol was my Glock 19, but this thing shoots circles around it, feels better in my hand, and packs a punch!!

Overall, I couldn't be happier with this puppy...especially at $436! I wish I could give one to all my Glock buddies to shoot for a week...I bet they'd all own one soon thereafter! :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the club!! XD's are sure sweet shooting pistols. I think Glock now has some real compitition. i personay like my XD alot more than the Glocks that are out there

1 - 2 of 2 Posts