Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
This is my first thread here on the forum. I've owned xd's in three different calibers now and currently have my xd45. Went to the range today and sent 100 rds of tulammo, and and some of my defensive loads(pdx1 and Winchester w series).
The gun ran flawlessly, which I expected. I also expected that the trigger would feel good, and that recoil would be manageable. Once again, everything went add expected. The last expectation that I was that my last shots would fail to hold open due to my thumb-over grip getting in the way. They did...

I decided that I would try a different grip, which is difficult when a certain grip has been ingrained your brain for so long. I decided to leave my strong-hand thumb in the indentation that is built in the xd grip. My support hand then gripped the gun normally, but squeezed on top of my strong-hand thumb. While different than normal, my shooting dynamic changed very little with this new grip. I also got a last-shot hold open on every empty mag!

This xd 45 is currently my favorite gun. I actually found myself shooting it as fast as my 9mm ruger on the stages we ran at the range today. Hopefully this helps a potential buyer or anyone who is having last shot hold open issues. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. Have a great day.
Adam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just noticed, there's a range report section of the forum. Feel free to move the thread. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts