Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, After owning this pistol for about two and a half years, I finally took her to the range. I put a little over 200 rounds through it with not so much as the smallest hickup. 200 of the rounds fired were reloads of all different brands of brass. I tried to keep count while I was loading mags and I think there were seven, maybe eight or nine, different brands, loaded randomly. I really like this weapon. It digested everything I fed it, the trigger pull was pretty good for stock, the Truglo TFO sights were easy to pickup and re-acquire, the grip was ok, and it didn't seem to have as much recoil as my 1911s do. I guess my only real complaint was the grip. I shoot right-handed and the "corner" of the grip that is closest to the safety on the left side of the gun seemed really slippery after a few magazines. The rest of the grip was pretty "grippy" but I think those smooth sections are a weak point of this pistol. A full textured grip are in the very near future. Overall, this is a great firearm and will be my new HD weapon of choice.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Wow, that's a long time to wait before trying out a new gun. Anyway, sounds like you did great. As for the grip, lots of things you can do, I use AGrip on mine for a firmer grip (it's a cut to fit stick-on which feels like velvet and prevents slippage with wet hands, and it's easy to remove should you ever need to).

·
Registered
20 Posts
How was your shot group?
At what yard were you shooting.

Thanks for your service.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Waiting patiently(sort of) until I can do that myself.....:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at a loss. Maybe the slide release, mag release.... who knows? Please explain?

Did you group well?

And hey, after 2 and 1/2 years it still works.:p

Sorry for the delay. I was driving from FL back to NC all day today. You guys are right about the safety. I had a brain fart when I was typing that. I meant mag release but for some reason typed safety. I even proof read it and didn't catch that. I shot a couple of mags at 7 yds, a couple at 10, a couple at 15 and the rest were at about 23 yds. I tried to shoot at 25 but the cable that ran the target out on my lane had a kink or something in it because it wouldn't go all the way out. My group was about 5 inches or so with two flyers to the 6 o'clock position. I guess that's not too bad considering I haven't been to the range since last December and it was the first time ever shooting an XD. I tried to post a pic but it says I'm not allowed to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts