Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if there are any problems or thinsg to watch out for with the XD45 Mod 2 Sub Compact ? I have a new never shot Glock 43X and am thinking of selling it to fund this. I bought the 43X and it just sat in my safe for 3 months. There is an XD45 Mod 2 SC at my local shop that has been there for a year and a half. I've been thinking about it for the last year and see it sitting there every month since this time last year in 2019 LOL . Anyways just seeing if there is anything bad with these . I am a long time XD user in the old original XD series. Thanks for any information .

·
Registered
144 Posts
I picked up one of the XD45 Mod.2 SC when they first came out and edc'd it nearly every day until recently. Put several thousand rounds through it and have never had any issues. Great feel in the hand and it comes with a trigger that I did not feel the need to swap out with PRP trigger like I did on my other XD pistols. My usual edc setup was in a TT Gunleather IWB holster and a separate mag pouch. It is a great and very accurate pistol that carries comfortably and if I decide to get it milled for a red dot it will probably be back on the belt but for now I have switched to red dot reflex sighted Sig p320 9mm compact to help my old eyes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
There are no defects and sacrifices with the gun. You can switch out the folded metal pin in the slide, but that’s it as far as improvements that aren’t personal opinion. It’s a solid performer, as all XD are.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just seeing if there are any problems or thinsg to watch out for with the XD45 Mod 2 Sub Compact ? I have a new never shot Glock 43X and am thinking of selling it to fund this. I bought the 43X and it just sat in my safe for 3 months. There is an XD45 Mod 2 SC at my local shop that has been there for a year and a half. I've been thinking about it for the last year and see it sitting there every month since this time last year in 2019 LOL . Anyways just seeing if there is anything bad with these . I am a long time XD user in the old original XD series. Thanks for any information .
I have one of those subcompact Mod 2 45acp guns in FDE. I have had it a couple of years. It carries easily and fires great. Easy to control recoil. Fun gun to shoot. Makes big holes in targets. I'd say go for it as they are much cheaper these days.

Joe

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
my MOD2 sc .45acp has been my daily carry for the last 5 years
only thing i did way trijicon sights. eats everything i feed it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up a 4" Mod .2 in 45 ACP a few months ago and liked it so much that I bought the 3.3" a few weeks later. I can't report on the long-term performance, but both guns have eaten everything I've fed them and they have become two of my favorite guns to take to the range. If you're still considering the purchase, Bass Pro and Cabela's both have them advertised below $400 on their websites, and Academy will match the advertised price.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
All sub compacts are 3.3", they call the 4" a 'Service' pistol. I bought a XD45 SC Mod 2 as soon as they were released have it by my chair right now. though I have carried it a lot, I have not shot it more than 1200-1500 rounds, No problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I really love my XD Mod2 45acp subcompact. It's a great carry package, 9 round mag and a 13 round mag. I bought a spare 13 round mag so that's a total of 35+1 at my disposal. If I need more, it's time to call in an artillery strike.

The only issue I've had with mine is finding a target reload that it likes. . I've had issues with my lead bullet reloads getting stuck in the chamber. I've never had an issue with my self defense reload, a Hornady XTP hollowpoint. I suspect the barrel is a smidge narrower than most 45acp barrels, the same reloads work just fine in my other pistols. I've found a reload that I'm pretty sure it likes, its a 200 gr. Missouri Bullet RNFP that is Hi-Tek coated. The last couple of range visits, they have fed flawlessly through the gun so I think I'm in a good place now.

·
Registered
943 Posts
XD Mod 2 4" Service .45. Gotta be close to a couple thousand rounds through it now. Never even changed the roll pin. Never an issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A Mod 2 .45 (SC 3.3) has been my EDC gun for 5 years now. I find it very accurate and easy to shoot, especially given the large caliber and small size. No issues whatsoever other than the magazine not always latching fully on insert when maxed out without a hard palm thump (as discussed in these forums). Becomes muscle memory quickly.

Peter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts