Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into shooting Production Class IPSC (no power factor).

Most of the top competiton is shooting 5" 9mms. Lots of M&Ps, and a few XDs.

I want to shoot an XD9 Tactical 5".

I have an XD45 Service, with an awesome Springfield Custom Shop trigger job. Reduced pull, overtravel-stop, and reset.

Can I buy a factory stock 9mm, and drop in (swap) the improved trigger group from my 45??? I assume the 9mm and 40 trigger groups are the same, but the 9mm and the 45???

If not, I'll probably go with Powder River. Is the Powder River kit legal in IPSC???

Any help, PM me please.

Jeff

·
Vendor
775 Posts
I'm looking into shooting Production Class IPSC (no power factor).

Most of the top competiton is shooting 5" 9mms. Lots of M&Ps, and a few XDs.

I want to shoot an XD9 Tactical 5".

I have an XD45 Service, with an awesome Springfield Custom Shop trigger job. Reduced pull, overtravel-stop, and reset.

Can I buy a factory stock 9mm, and drop in (swap) the improved trigger group from my 45??? I assume the 9mm and 40 trigger groups are the same, but the 9mm and the 45???

If not, I'll probably go with Powder River. Is the Powder River kit legal in IPSC???

Any help, PM me please. Jeff

lovestoshoot is correct the 9/40 parts are not the same as the 45. Yes my trigger kits are legal for IPSC.

·
Registered
79 Posts
@powder river, just want to confirm the legality of the PRP kit in IPSC. Are all the PRP kits' parts (i.e. Safety lever, Sear, and Trigger bar with OTS) considered OEM parts? I believe this is one consideration by IPSC for it to be considered stock, and if they're sold stock with these parts. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts