Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I hate my XD45 Duty! Why you ask? Because every time I go to the range people ask to shoot it and there it goes. Don't get me wrong I don't mind sharing, but, go buy one yourself!
Group says the XD45 is so "fun" to shoot, true, but they sell more of them at the gun shop.
Never had this problem with other brands, damn Springfield XD.
I have done some extensive mods to the XD -- like lightened the spring tension on the trigger and sear by bending them closed and filed and removed some metal on the striker for the sear on the firing pin. Nice crisp short let off, I did retain the long travel just for all around safety sakes.
The LPA sights made a huge difference.
They'll have fun, fun, fun till the owner takes his XD away.
My XD45 dislikes.

·
Registered
305 Posts
My only dislikes are....45 ammo cost more than 22 and the XD grip is a little slick. An XD45 with Truglo TFO sights is just about perfect!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
No problem. I'll get them to stop bothering you. Send me your XD, and I'll send you back a Hi-Point 45. Problem solved.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I hate that I lost count a long time ago how many rounds have been through it. They should mount a counter on it

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
My friend liked my XD45c so much he went out and bought an XD(m) 5.25 Competition in 45. He's been disappointed with the comp model and still likes the XD better. I have to say that after four years and over 10K rounds I'm a little biased.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My friend liked my XD45c so much he went out and bought an XD(m) 5.25 Competition in 45. He's been disappointed with the comp model and still likes the XD better. I have to say that after four years and over 10K rounds I'm a little biased.
The XD(M) 5.25 Competition .45 is the only model I have thus far. What could he possibly find disappointing about it? Really nice gun.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't like how distance to trigger can't be changed. You can change back straps, which is great -- I use the largest for my XL paws, but everyone gets the same trigger pull distance regardless of finger length because that's just that way it is. Fits my hand pretty well, but still I'd like the option of customizing it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Although this thread is about the xd and not the xdm. There are a couple of options for your trigger pull with aftermarket parts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Only thing I don't like about mine is that I don't get to shoot it often enough. But I think I'll have time to stop by the indoor range on my way back from my appointments today.....
Same here. I have an xdm .45acp 4.5 and an xdm .45acp 3.8 that I only get to shoot about once per month.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have only had time to fire about 200 rounds thru my XD 45 Tactical. The loads were all made for my 1911 with my home cast bullets and the XD gobbled them right up. Bullets were a mix of RN, TC, SWC, and HP, and all fed with no problems. One thing that I realized was that I need new glasses. Couldn't keep the sights in focus, but still had no problem keeping groups under 4" at 30'. At this early stage of ownership, the only complaint I might have is the short mag release button. I have an extended mag release button on the 1911, and I guess that has me spoiled. Otherwise all is good, and I am expecting big fun when the weather improves enough for regular shooting....DanM

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have the .45 service too. Trigger could be a lot better, but I have grown fond of my sponge trigger. Bore axis is really high, but ya get used to that. I think it's a great pistol for what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
Since it appears we are on a roll flogging the XD T .45 5" TS I HATE mine for a couple of big reasons. The first is the $expense$! I am a cheap old coot. The second reason is that the gun is SO BORING!!! Present, point, focus, squeeze, BANG! Now up to over 1500 BANGS with ZERO stoppages. Bummer. HB of CJ (old coot) :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts