Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something special for my 1K post!

Here is my summer project. Brad at CCR did the Cera-Hide Stainless, which is like a matt finish stainless CCR-REFINISHING

I had the barrel polished and engraved with XD45 logo by Todd at http://www.customizedcreationz.com/

It turned out pretty nice:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Very sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, those are TFO sights. That's the unfortunate part of the refinish job. They damaged the front sight (cracked the fiber) and it no longer glows. I'm sure they'll make good on it, but I'll have the send the slide back for them to change it out. I don't blame them for cracking the fiber, even James broke a front fiber when he put on one of my TFO sights on another gun.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the engraving job, but Todd does an excellent job and has done a lot of work for guys on other forums as well (like THR, Sig, etc).

·
Registered
857 Posts
That came out real nice. Wish I could afford to get some pretty stuff like that done to my baby.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for cost, I got the refinish on a special for $69, the polishing was $30 and the engrave was around $35, IIRC.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i've been trying to get some work done by todd.. but he hasn't answered 2 of my pms in the past 3 months.. so i've been searching on where else to get my barrel engraved..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts