Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
The 45c grip is approx. 3/8" longer than the XD 9/40 sc. Take a look at this picture comparing them. Looks like the 45c grip is same length as an SC with Pearce grip extension.

I plan to buy a 45c in the next week or so to replace the XD9sc I've been carrying for 3 months.

These are not my pictures by the way. I pulled them from another site. But they give us good view of the size difference.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have both an XD45C, two in fact, and an XD9SC and although there is a difference in the length of the grips I don't notice it that much. Depending on where I'm going and what I'll be doing I'm as likely to carry one as the other.

I was giving the XD45 preference over the XD9 because I figured if I'm can only carry 10+1 rounds I'd rather have the .45. However since I learned the XD40SC mag fits the XD9SC perfectly and will hold 13 rounds of 9mm I tend to carry the XD9SC more. The XD9SC with 13+1 is definitely lighter to carry than 10+1 in the XD45 and I don't feel any handicap in carrying the 9 instead of the 45.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Paint the black one with Krylon camo spraypaint?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts