Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a used XD45 4 barrel with a US s# shot it today . I like the gun bot I doesn't feed every time used Remington Winchester and American all did the same can any body give me a solution or send it to the factory it sticks on the ramp

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have an XD45 Service and never had a problem with Remington or American Eagle. Call SA and send it back to them. They'll pay for package and shipping.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
I got a used XD45 4 barrel with a US s# shot it today . I like the gun bot I doesn't feed every time used Remington Winchester and American all did the same can any body give me a solution or send it to the factory it sticks on the ramp
Ammo brand is not the issue, the type bullet is. Are you using round nose, hollow points, flat points?

Where on the ramp? Are the cartridges not being stripped from the magazine, pushed into the chamber? If yes, you may be riding the slide with your thumb, slowly it down and robbing the slide of the energy required to feed the beast.

OS

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I would say she might need a trip home to the mothership...:twisted:

At least SA will get 'er back to spec, you said it was used, no tellin' what happened to it. A feeding issue with an XD is definitely not normal.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Have you tried different mags?

don

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought a "used" XD 45 service, actually got it as a trade last Oct of 13.

Extractor was junk and SA repaired it free of charge. Didn't get a chance to shoot it this winter. Sent the slide off to James for new sites and a custom finish. Looked great when I got it back in March. So...snow's still deep and didn't get a chance to test it untill a couple of weeks ago.
Cycled fine with Blazer 230gr. Tried some handloads from the winter, 230gr Precision loaded w/5.0gr W231 and they locked up the gun every so often. Would not go into battery. Had to use the edge of the shooting bench to force the slide open. Turns out that those loads had a COL longer than I thought I had the press set up for. They were like 1.128 or so. Once I switched to a batch that was like 1.12 everything worked fine. I reduced the OAL on the troublesome rounds but have not gone back to try them yet.
Food for thought.
Oh, yeah, the XD would also not cycle SWC's in 200gr, which is too bad since I have almost 500 and no other 45 to shoot them in. I found out about that possible issue after I ordered the SWC's. If anyone has a COL or ideas about how to get them to run, I'm all ears.
JD

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not really enough details give in the quote. Does it not feed the first round or does it not feed when actually shooting.
Does it just not get into battery, does it jam or can you push the slide into battery after it stops.

Really need more info before giving any real answer.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I have never exp such a malfunction in my TAC or 45C. Check the mags first. Make sure you are NOT riding the side of the slide with your thumbs, common self induced malfunction. Try diff ammo, let another shooter go thru a mag or two. If it is ball ammo, I doubt there is a problem with the gun itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts