Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a XD9SC and am considering adding this one. How much more recoil is there?

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Recoil is very subjective, and is also gun dependent ... I suggest you find one and shoot it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the 40sc and don't have any other XD but compared to my Glock 23 (not much recoil to me) it is a tad more recoil but very manageable. I love shooting it!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Comparatively, the 40 is a little more "snappy" as you would expect a 40 to be over a 9. However, the gun is still completely controllable and many carry one daily. Both are "fun" guns to shoot and the recoil from both is mild (IMO).

I have both and had the choice of carrying either. I chose the 9 for three reasons.
1. I'm slightly faster on followups with the 9. This is a direct result of the recoil difference. For me, the 40 takes a little longer to bring back on target.
2. 13+1 vs 9+1. 'Nuff said.
3. The 9 is an absolutely FUN to shoot. I can easily blow through 4 boxes at the range without knowing it. It's perfectly easy to practice with.

The bottom line is we can only tell you what works for us, you have to decide what's best for you.

The "best" gun is the one YOU like, not anyone else. It will be a compromise of:

1. Fit - It should fit in your hand like you were born with it there.
2. Reliability - It should go BANG about 99.8% of the time you pull the trigger.
3. Accuracy - In YOUR hand. It's how well YOU shoot it.
4. Concealability - It should be comfortable enough to wear and easy enough to conceal so you won't leave it laying on the dresser at home.
5. Cost - You don't want to scrimp on your "life protector" weapon, but you probably don't need a $1,000 Kimber, either.
6. Enjoyment - The caliber and gun should be fun to shoot. If it isn't, you won't practice with it like you should.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
At first it was quite snappy. After shooting a bit I love it to death and Im becoming very accurate with it and it now feels like a nine to me and my nine feels like a .22 so I am very happy with the .40 round. To me recoil is a mental thing.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I recently shot the Compact 45 and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I bet the .40 isn't bad at all. I also have the 9 and it is great.

·
Registered
253 Posts
At first it was quite snappy. After shooting a bit I love it to death and Im becoming very accurate with it and it now feels like a nine to me and my nine feels like a .22 so I am very happy with the .40 round. To me recoil is a mental thing.
Exactly my experience.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I would probably consider getting a 40 in full size rather than compact. Imo having multiple compacts in the same model is unnecessary. If you want a 40 get a xdm or xd service or tactical. You'll find that the service is very concealable especially in a super tuck or the likes. I conceal my service 45 all the time. Just my opinion though. The recoil is more snappy, I notice it most when shooting my xd sc 40 and then my wife's glock 26. Its definitely manageable though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts