Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using WWB 165 grain FMJ for the range in my 40 SC. My wife went with me for the first time this past weekend, but decided to put the 40 down after firing a single shot. She didn't like the sharp recoil (especially after the ease of shooting the .32 we have).

My question: Is there going to be a noticeable difference in recoil if I use the similarly priced 180gr FMJ Blazer Brass?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would guess that the 180gr BB might have slightly less powder, so in return, a slight (and i mean slight) reduction in recoil.

·
Registered
815 Posts
assuming shes new to the .40 or handguns in general, shes sensitive to recoil and will not be able to tell the very SLIGHT difference between the two grains, even if you are able too. its not enought to "make it feel better." Bottom line is, the .40 round is a snappy round and its always gonna be a snappy round.

·
Registered
105 Posts
SoLasVegas, from personal experience, start her off with a 22lr, then move to a 9mm. My 5'"1 125 pound wife loves my ruger single-six, addored my xd9 service, and loved my sig p226's (.40) looks, but hated the snappy recoil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts