Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD40 service and I am eyeing the SC. I am set up to reload the 40 S&W, so I would prefer the XD40SC. Does anybody have an opinon on the XD40SC?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I assume the SC would be for concealed carry. If that's the case, then by all means get the XD40SC. It's a much better carry round, IMO, and since you already have the service model in the same caliber and reload as well, it's an easy decision. Just a suggestion, get the bi-tone model, mine looks great and you won't have to worry about getting it refinished :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
XD9Sub said:
I assume the SC would be for concealed carry. If that's the case, then by all means get the XD40SC. It's a much better carry round, IMO, and since you already have the service model in the same caliber and reload as well, it's an easy decision. Just a suggestion, get the bi-tone model, mine looks great and you won't have to worry about getting it refinished :D
+1, except the bi-tone bit. Love the classic black. Personal pref, your choice. Just spent a couple of hours putting my 40sc thru the paces and love it more now than ever. 200 rnds today of JHP and ball and no failures again. Enjoy and stick w/ the 40.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If your going to limit yourself to 10 bullets, you might as well make them count. I vote for the .40

I've owned both guns, however the 9mm SC that I owned was not accurate and would have a failure to extract once every 400 rounds.

My xd-40sc so far has 500 rounds through it without any malfunctions, and the accuracy is acceptable.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
It's probably too late, but did you consider the cost difference between the ammo. 9mm is less expensive and a robust 9mm will do the job just as well as a robust 40cal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This may be just a hypothetical issue, but I bought the 9 because the XD was designed as a 9mm, and then adapted to the .40. Since you already have a .40 and like it, that may not make any difference to you, but the smaller the gun, the more critical timing is to proper function and reliability. My choice was based on having an adequate caliber in a highly reliable and shootable package. So far I am satisfied with the reliability and shootability, I hope not to be able to report on the adequacy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts