Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several 12rnd mags with grip extensions for my XD 40 subcompact. I recently purchased an XDm 40 compact and wondered if they would fit and work with my new gun so I could save on the cost of buying new ones. So I did a dry fit of them on the XDm and they appear to fit just fine, locking in place securely (though with the slide forward I had to be a little more firm in seating them). The only issue I see is they're a little looser at the bottom of the magwell than the XDm mags that came with it.

My question is, should I try to put any rounds downrange using these mags or should I err on the side of caution and just purchase new mags? Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have several 12rnd mags with grip extensions for my XD 40 subcompact. I recently purchased an XDm 40 compact and wondered if they would fit and work with my new gun so I could save on the cost of buying new ones. So I did a dry fit of them on the XDm and they appear to fit just fine, locking in place securely (though with the slide forward I had to be a little more firm in seating them). The only issue I see is they're a little looser at the bottom of the magwell than the XDm mags that came with it.

My question is, should I try to put any rounds downrange using these mags or should I err on the side of caution and just purchase new mags? Thanks for the advice.
No. Buy the new mags.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have four 10 round 9mm mags from my XD Subcompact. I have put about 1k rounds through my XDm 3.8 9mm Compact using those 4 mags with zero issues. As you said they are bit loose, but they have been working just fine. I do not use those mags for CC, but for range use they are just fine.

Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts