Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new XD40SC to the range and had some feeding issues. Maybe one round every 3rd magazine. I was using reloads but my Sig 226 has never had any issues with the same rounds. Once I get a jammed feed the magazine is hard to drop and I really have to work the slide to get the round to either drop or load. Granted this was right out of the box so maybe a good clean and lube will fix it.

·
Registered
931 Posts
definitely clean off any factory "gunk". . .it is not lube. give the rails, recoil spring and inner part of slide a light lube.

make sure the striker and striker channel are clean and free of any lube.

shoot a couple hundred more rounds of factory ammo.

maybe try to use only 1 mag, to help eliminate the potential it is mag related.

ensure you have a good firm grip, put the web of your hand high up under the tang.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
A 226 is a full size gun with a lot of excursion, sub-compacts are pushing the limits of functionality. Most XD-SCs ( 9ers or foatys ) eat about any factory load you can find, your hand-loads ( can I say that on a public forum? lol ) might be right at the margin for error.
Follow the others advice and run factory ammo in one mag, still fails? Try another mag with the factory ammo, still fails? Call or email SA, take advantage of that life-time warranty.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
My XD40SC has eaten anything I put in it, including my reloads. My wife's XD9sdidn't like my 9mm reloads until I shortened the OAL slightly. Since it broke in, now it takes anything.

Look at your reloads first, obviously, then the magazines, then your grip, then a malfunction of the gun itself. Good luck - intermittent FTF's can be touigh to figure out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts