Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought XD40- V10. Does anyone know if I can order an extra standard 40 barrel from Springfield? If so , approx. how much?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You'll have to get an aftermarket barrel. Springfield won't part with any.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Conversion barrels from EFK FireDragon and BarSto can be had for about $150 and $200, respectively. Even if Springfield will sell you a factory .40 barrel, the price will almost definitely be higher.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes the ported is cool at first, but it is loud and dirty,and it throws hot shrapnel at anyone within 3' of you. No one likes to stand next to me at the range. :lol: After 100 rnds the white front site turns black.THe upside is it seems very accurate for a .40. I ve already ordered a 9mm non ported conversion barrel, and might get a 40 non ported later on. (Or .45 GAP if thats ever possible.

·
Registered
223 Posts
bw77 said:
Yes the ported is cool at first, but it is loud and dirty,and it throws hot shrapnel at anyone within 3' of you. No one likes to stand next to me at the range. :lol: After 100 rnds the white front site turns black.THe upside is it seems very accurate for a .40. I ve already ordered a 9mm non ported conversion barrel, and might get a 40 non ported later on. (Or .45 GAP if thats ever possible.
A little scotch tape over the front post will make cleaning it a lot easier when you're done ).

T

1 - 9 of 9 Posts