Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I havent noticed any pics or post on this so I thought I would help out. I bought the XML 2 days after my XD 40 and I love it. YOu really cant notice any difference in brightness in the XML and say an M3 or M6. I love this little booger. And it makes the XD balance so sweet. Well without further ado here we go.

Hope you guys enjoy!!
Tombo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! Thanks for posting the pictures. I was wondering how much - if any - protrusion there might be from the light but it looks like its near flush.

How does it feel to turn on and return to a ready position? Natural?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It feels great and pretty natural. You can either use the thunb on your support hand or trigger finger to operate it. And it actually has about an 1/8th to a 1/4" to the end of the muzzle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am considering the X2 (w/laser) as an option for mine. I understand they are essentially the same size. Seems like a nice little package.
How about holsters for this set up?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the X2 is the same thing but Insight put their name on it instead of SA. Unsure on holsters for the whole rig. Havent looked into that yet as the light will most likely stay in the house. But I know there are a few out there.

·
Registered
539 Posts
thanks for posting those pics! i've been wanting to see one on a service with the two slot frames.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
thanks for posting those pics! i've been wanting to see one on a service with the two slot frames.

I second that. I have the service and THAT LOOKS SLICK! I will have to check the cost at the gun shop. I already have rubber grips and I did the white color inlay on the slide. Next im thinking polished barrel and guiderod. and a XML!!!

I DIG IT!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
TOMBO said:
Yeah the X2 is the same thing but Insight put their name on it instead of SA. Unsure on holsters for the whole rig. Havent looked into that yet as the light will most likely stay in the house. But I know there are a few out there.
Actually, before the x2 with laser came out, i gave insight a call and a rep there informed me that teh x2 design had been modified to improve upon the design of the xml. I can't recall exactly what she said, but she said some modest changes were made to how the switch was controlled and also i believe either the mount or how it mounts to the gun is slightly different. I have no experience with either, i'm simply relaying what i can recall. Can anyone confirm or correct any of these comments?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are all welcome for the pics.

Savage- I picked mine up for $90 at the local gun shop. I think MSRP is around $100. But that price is sure better than a M3 or M6. And how does the white inlay on your slide look. I saw the pens for that on AJAMES' site and thought about doing silver.

TOMBO

·
Registered
93 Posts
Dustin98SS said:
I actually prefer the XML on my Service 45 GAP rather than the M3 because it doesnt stick out.
Yea they look good on the service!!!

As for the white inlay it looks great!! I was also considering grey or red.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Savage- That looks really cool. I want to do mine in silver. Did you use the Lacquer-Stik. If so did you get it online or somewhere locally.

Tombo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts