Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, great board w/ tons of info. I'm ready to buy an XD 40 subcompact but I can't seem to find one. I would like the two tone finish but I'm not sure it's even being made yet. Is this gun even available, and if so how long might it take to aquire? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, it's available. I've had mine for at least 6+ months now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just got mine from Gunsamerica.com, and there's one on Gunbroker.com, IIRC...

I don't think the stainless model is out yet, but the OD green one is...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I went ahead and got my XD9 instead. I did not want to wait for an indefinite time till Springfield had them arrive in the US. They did not even have an idea when they would be here when I called last week.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Picked up mine about three weeks ago.It had been test fired three weeks earlier.They must be using air freight and get them to the distributers very fast.I received my proof of purchase back from Debi today for the free holster and magazine with a note that said happy holidays but no info on when the free holster and magazine will ship.I probably will have to wait awhile because it is the 15 round mag for the sub.The pierce magazine finger grip brought my groups way down to 1 inch at twenty feet with ten rounds.Thats better than I can do with my 4 inch 9mm.I put some grip tape on the 4 inch and that should help.

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Schrambo said:

Schrambo:

My local shop (near Pittsburgh) has the stainless .40 sub model. Has the new holsters and mags, too (plus some neat XD hats and stuff).

Take care. Marko

·
Registered
55 Posts
Marko said:
Schrambo said:

Schrambo:

My local shop (near Pittsburgh) has the stainless .40 sub model. Has the new holsters and mags, too (plus some neat XD hats and stuff).

Take care. Marko
Cool! Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marko,
I'm in Pittsburgh. Which shop has it if you don't mind saying? I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
sageguy said:
Marko,
I'm in Pittsburgh. Which shop has it if you don't mind saying? I would really appreciate it.
sageguy:

Firearms Unlimited in Bridgeville, just off the Kirwin Heights / Heidleberg exit of I-79. Tell them I sent you.

Take care. Marko

·
Registered
44 Posts
sageguy said:
Marko,

Thanks alot, I will check them out!
sageguy:

You're very welcome. Good, knowledgeable group of guys who work there. If Randy is behind the counter (stocky build with a New York City accent), he's a new guy and probably only knows me as "Makarov Mark," not "Marko." Tell him I said I'll be sure to bring him some more homemade wine.

Take care. Marko

1 - 12 of 12 Posts