Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a new Bitone XD40 sub for a month. Went to an indoor range a few times, placed my XD sub on the rest, aimed to the point and shoot 10 yards from target, used 180gr UMC, 180gr CCI, & 165gr Winchester target. All shoot very low from bull, approx 1.5 feet off the target. Some bullet hitted the very low edge of the paper target and some missed. I think the gun is not very accurate.
By the way, I found out the bullet spent cases have a 1/8 straight line scratch mark/den on it.
Wonder to know have anyone have the same problem?? Can I send back to SA, to re-adjust the barrel, muzzle, sights...etc, pls advice.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Where were you aiming? Try putting the dots on the target, so the front sight covers the impact area. Did any one eles shoot the pistol?

·
Registered
38 Posts
not questioning your abilities.... personally i'd have someone (or 2) else shoot the gun b4 you go through the trouble of sending it back.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:shock: No need to argue the skills....
I called SA, and sent it back via Fedex overnight.
I believe they will fix the defects.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
wjc, I have mentioned this a few times in other threads. I bought a SC 9mm and it shot low at 25yrds. I had the rangemaster of the dept. shoot it with the same results. 6" low.

Contacted SA and they told me to send it in. They gave me a special number to give to UPS and the shipping both ways was paid for by SA. Turned out the rear sight was mismatched. They replaced it, shot it, included the target and returned it. Shoots fine now.

Don't know if that's your problem of course, but it might be. SA has good service IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I too have a bitone sub .40. I just replaced the factory sights with Trijicon night sights. The gun was shooting a little low (previously didn't) so I took the rear sight off and put a few pieces of copper foil (the thin strips with adhesive backing used in stained glass window making) between the sight and the slide. Now it is back to normal and tearing big holes in the center of the target. I really don't know how it would preform at long distances (25 yards for instance) because I typically only shot this gun at short range. I figure my time and money are better spent becoming adept from 20 feet and in. If I'm shooting at someone 75-100 feet away with the sub I'm probably making a bad decision.

Also my sub tends to shoot better with WWB and Speer Lawman ammo as opposed to the Remington UMC which I often buy on sale at Gander Mountain and Bass Pro. My tactical doesn't seem to be as picky.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It is unfortunate that the factory in Croatia is too busy to do the test targets they used to. I'm sure this would have "caught" the defect....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts