Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, picked up two boxes of blazer brass semi wad cutters (Didn't realize that they were SWC, box only stated FMJ.) The XD did not enjoy them. Nosediving into the ramp two or three times per mag (One mag I got two shots off back to back... six feed failures.)

The good news is that I also shot a box of some Federal HST 155gr and they shot like a dream.

All in all it was an informative trip... don't buy SWC anymore... :D

·
Registered
11,060 Posts
My XD-40 eats semi-wadcutter rounds just fine and it always has.

I think there might be another issue with your gun or magazine.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
My XD-40 eats semi-wadcutter rounds just fine and it always has.

I think there might be another issue with your gun or magazine.
GSH, I think you might be one of the lucky few that has an XD that will eat swc!!! There have been several threads about the XD not liking swc. Never shot swc through my XD but....it has been flawless for over 2k rounds.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it will shoot any hollowpoint I can find... just won't shoot SWC. Doesn't matter though, I never really bought SWC before (Wouldn't have even known if the blazer brass stuff was swc even though marked fmj.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wait, isn't Winchester White Box .40 a FMJ semi-wadcutter? If so I've shoot hundreds of rounds with absolutely no problems in my 40SC.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My .45 does not like SWC

·
Registered
902 Posts
I shot an XD that hated IPSC SWC /major' rounds. They ran great in my single-stack, and I wonder if the fact that they were loaded with just enough power to be legal for the class caused issues with short-stroking on the XD.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
I wasn't aware that BB made a SWC. they state they are a FMJ on the box, and have a flat point just like the WWB.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Blazer and Winchester factory rounds are both flat point FMJ. The .40 S&W is designed around flat point and JHP ammo, not round nosed.

Semi wadcutters look like this. Note the square shoulder.

Ball .40 S&W looks like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts