Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here and im trying to decide between these 2 guns and would just like to hear opinions between these 2. I know the tactical is supposed to be a little more accurate as it has the 5inch barell. Which one is used more? Which one is more popular? Which one is more of an all around daily gun? etc... Thx!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
+1 tac

my 2 cents

best bet is to shoot them both and see what you like. i have 40 tactical i a love it. depends on what you want - considering i am a big dude (6'3") a 4" barrel vs a 5" is nothing for carrying so i went with the bigger gun. granted, i am getting a 3" later this year.

try them both out and decide on you rshooting experience.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I bought a 40 Tact to use strictly for USPSA matches and the like. Some say the the 40 tact is less reliable than the 9 but I've not experienced any issues. The couple of trip ups I've had were operator error where I limp wristed a shot or mag problems from dirt/sand at a match.

I don't think you can go wrong, as Major Beer said the best thing to do would be to handle/fire both and go with what you like best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to go with the tactical and will be picking it up next week sometime as soon as my paperwork goes through!!! im way excited! One question i have though is how many times has the XD40 Tactical been updated or upgraded? And how can i tell which one mine is and when it was made etc.. I just bought it brand new from the gun shop here so i assume its the most recent. But im new to this and i know sometimes shops will clear old stock. thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Buy a service and get it in 9mm, trust me. All the .40 will do is give you a flinch and wear out the gun faster. Like all guns the XD runs the best in the original design configuration, in this case the XD-9 Service. Anyone who shoots a lot of guns under lots of conditions will attest to the truth of that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
manygunner said:
Buy a service and get it in 9mm, trust me. All the .40 will do is give you a flinch and wear out the gun faster. Like all guns the XD runs the best in the original design configuration, in this case the XD-9 Service. Anyone who shoots a lot of guns under lots of conditions will attest to the truth of that.
Ahem. Excuse me. Pure poppycock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha yeah well ive already purchased the XD40 Tactical and am awaiting pick up! Im way excited and im very confident in my purchase. Now I just need some good suggestions on which ammo to run through it.
Target / Defence ammo.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Roland Ansgar said:
manygunner said:
Ahem. Excuse me. Pure poppycock.
Go tell it to Greg Hamilton and his spec ops buddies. I am sure they will explain it to you and use small words.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts