Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the black slide on an XD40 sub-compact can be re-finished to achieve something close to a durable, matte, "stainless" finish?

And if so, who does it and what would such a job likely run?

Alternatively, I hear that this gun will soon be available with a stainless slide, but what about availability and cost for the near future?

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, sorry. I wish I did. You can not believe the excellent job they do at Tripp. I had them install the Trijicon night sites I sent along with the pistol, as well as the Don's guide rod and Wolff 22 lb. spring. The charge was $ 175.00 for the refinishing, which included the COMPLETE pistol in a satin finish. The raised panels on the bottom edge of the slide were done in a slightly polished finish, and are a tremendous compliment to the satin finish. This also included the satin finish on the grip safety, mag release,
trigger, disassembly lever, & slide stop lever. Labor to install the sights was an additional $ 34.00.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Did yours cost more because of some special detailing? Looking at their prices it seems like you could get an XD slides w/ parts done for $55 or $70. Am I missing something there?

·
Registered
28 Posts
No, I do not have an explaination. I called, told them what I wanted, and Virgil quoted me a price. I sent them a check and the pistol. I had it back in about 10 days or so. I see what your looking at on the web site.
The only thing I can tell you, is call and ask. The price I got was on par with other quotes I had recieved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts