Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my XD40 Ported model on Friday. Took it to the range on Saturday and love it. First handgun I've owned. Took 8+ months to get a NYS pistol permit.

Have a question regarding using remanufactured round and the ported model. The instruction book says not to use them or even handloads. Anyone try handloads or remanufactured rounds in a v10?

Thanks for the info.

P.S. If anyone has info regarding the lasermax in this model as well, i'd also appreciate feedback on this.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
First off, welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase, Im glad I dont have to wait that long though!

They say not to use reloads for liability reasons, I rarely use anything in my .40 guns except reloads.

I have a buddy with a lasermax in a glock and likes it for home defense.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
About 75% of the rounds through my xd's are reloads. No problems.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Sorry, I didn't mention that one of my xds is a .40 ported. Trust me, you won't have any problems as long as the reloads are reliable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys. I was able to buy 450 remanufactured rounds at Dicks with a buy one get one 50% coupon for $45.

Do you think that the point of impact with the lasermax will be different with the ported as opposed to the non ported that it was designed for?

Thanks again.

I love my new XD. If only I could shoot my XD at the same time as my AR15.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
General Custer said:
Thanks Guys. I was able to buy 450 remanufactured rounds at Dicks with a buy one get one 50% coupon for $45.

Do you think that the point of impact with the lasermax will be different with the ported as opposed to the non ported that it was designed for?

Thanks again.

The lasermax is adjustable for POI I believe.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
General Custer said:
You could always throw a mamba sling over your shoulder and shoot the AR strong hand from the hip and the XD weak hand. No guarantee that you will hit your intented target. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
How much louder is the ported version over the standard service model?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Quite a bit. Especially if fired in a small concrete room with your fingers over the porting. You can notice the difference if you listen carefully. o_O

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]Quite a bit. Especially if fired in a small concrete room with your fingers over the porting. You can notice the difference if you listen carefully. o_O
:lol:

What are those four rules of safety again :!:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Only thing you may want to avoid using a compensated gun is non-plated bullets. They will lead up your porting quickly if not careful. Stick with plated bullets from a reputable ammo remanufacturer (or your own reloads) and you'll do fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts