Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone,

I own an XD40, when I bought the gun it only came with two magazines that have the following engraving: "Restricted Law Enforcement Government use only S.I Geneseo, IL. USA ". These are 12 round magazines and have 4, 8 and 12 round holes on the back of the mag.

Now that I have bought the XD40 12 round magazines that are commercially available (the ones that have the 12 round count), with the new magazines I´ve been having serious malfunctions like the gun not chambering a round or that the mag falls after every round fired.

I see that the springs on the older mags are 12 coils and the newer are only 11 coils, the follower is different, and the magazine disconnect is bigger and wider on the new mags.

What could be the exact issue?
Why is this happening even when the new mags were specifically made to work on an XD40?
Is there a way that I could get the older style of mags?

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Just spitballing here... are you 100% sure they're XD mags and not XDM mags?
Are they genuine SA mags or aftermarket?

Reactions: JorgeM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spitballing here... are you 100% sure they're XD mags and not XDM mags?
Are they genuine SA mags or aftermarket?
100% Sure that they are for the XD40 or at least that's what the box said. And they are genuine SA mags.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
pics of the older mags along side the newer ones would help. if the mag release holes are different that could cause a problem. I was unaware SA ever had different versions of the XD mag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pics of the older mags along side the newer ones would help. if the mag release holes are different that could cause a problem. I was unaware SA ever had different versions of the XD mag.
So I tried to upload the pictures and wasn't able to do it, that's why I created this google Drive folder: Untitled folder - Google Drive

The magazine on the right is the old that is working just fine, the on on the left is the new mag and the one giving issues.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have two oder XD 40's. Once is a 3.5" sub and the other 4". They take completely different magazines.

You may have the wrong magazines.

Reactions: JorgeM

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
So I tried to upload the pictures and wasn't able to do it, that's why I created this google Drive folder: Untitled folder - Google Drive

The magazine on the right is the old that is working just fine, the on on the left is the new mag and the one giving issues.
I’ve ever seen Xd mags like your old ones before. All of mine look like your newer ones. Some of mine date back to 2005-2006. There certainly seems to be enough differences to cause issues. Might need to give SA a call and ask them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve ever seen Xd mags like your old ones before. All of mine look like your newer ones. Some of mine date back to 2005-2006. There certainly seems to be enough differences to cause issues. Might need to give SA a call and ask them.
Thanks! Will do, already tried to contact them by email, but I think is going to be better id I call them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Have you turned the springs 180 degrees? When I bought new mags, I had similar issues with feeding (not falling out though) and when I took the mag apart I noticed that the springs were backwards. Hopefully SA helps you out if that's not the case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts