Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow shooters, I recently switched from my Sig Saur P226 to a XD40 Tactical for IPSC competitions in the Production Division.

I found that the XD40 with its small pistol grip Idealy suited my small hands for competiton shooting. It was not at all concerning by using 180 gr Win BEB's in the rapid firing strings. It is a very accurate pistol.

I have since ordered the 24Lb spring and I know this will only enhance the handling capabilities of this firearm.

I did notice that the relatively small mag well forced you concentrate of mag changes on the fly. I slight miss will cost you precious time during the mag changes. The mags dropped smoothly and quickly. I did practice my dry firing and mag changes prior to my match and had no problems.

I will further report on my XD40 Tactical after furture competitions.

BTW: there were no other Production Division Shooter so I entered in the "Standard Division" and placed 1 in my Division and 4th overall against the Open and Standard shooters

Not bad for a gun out of the box :D
IPSC XD Shooter

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's good to see another XD owner shooting IPSC. I'm using my XD-9, also in the Production class. I hope to see more XD owners shooting IPSC or IDPA. It is a great way of showing how well the guns shoot. It's also a lot of fun.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello all, back from the range again :) I just finished another IPSC level 2 Qualifier match with my XD40 Tactical.

Again not enough "Production Shooter's" so I went in "Standard Division" again and placed 1st in my division and 5th overall.

Pro:
I did notice that the more I used my XD40 the easier it was for me to control the reset of the trigger bewteen shots. I was a lot more comfortable with it in competition today.

Magazine changes were fast even with the smaller "magwell" and sight picture was good. I have not installed my 24 lb. spring yet (still in mail)

Con:
I found that I lost my grip a couple of times during rapid firing...not enough to lose control of the firearm but enough to notice I had to reposition it...

I think that a grip sleeve will help this out a lot.

The XD40 Tactical performed flawlessly again...any problems encountered during the match were driver oriented.

Cheers :D
IPSC XD40 Shooter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts