Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I am not sure what "Limited 10" division is, I use my XD40 in the "Production and Standard" Divisions.

Go here to check it out:

http://www.ipsc.org/

Cheers
IPSC XD40 Shooter

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have been told it is and that would make sense, it only holds ten rounds in the mags

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again, in Canada we only use a max. of 10 round magazines :-( Canadian Firearms Law

Cheers
IPSC XD40 Shooter

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by Pure Energy:
I shoot mine in limited 10. As I understand it the XD is not legal for production ( no DA first shot ).
It is according to John Amidon. USPSA did the right thing in regard to the XD. I wish IDPA would as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
USPSA says it is legal to use the XD in production. You could also use it in limited 10, but as someone mentioned earlier, it may be more suitably matched in the production division. You could even use it in limited if your up for a little challenge. Basically the only difference would be more reloads than the other guys, but that can be a fun challenge at a club match. I will more than likely give it a try one day myself, but not at a big match, lol... I need all the advantageI can get at the big ones.

I have a custom trigger on mine that makes the XD a DREAM to shoot. I can't think of another gun I'd rather use right now for production division, and there are a lot of good ones out there.

-Darwin

·
Registered
71 Posts
Limited 10 would be great; You could do a few things to the gun that arent allowed in production. Like an extended mag release, re-shaping the grip if needed, perhaps a magwell. ALso with the 40 you could shoot loads that make major PF which score better that minor.

Adam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts