Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an XDM 4.5" barrel fit and function in an XD 4" Service? More specifically will this Conversion Barrel for XD(M) 4.5 in 40SW - Barrel or Compensator | PISTOLGEAR fit on a XD40 4" Service model? I would like to convert from .40 to 9mm.

I ask because:
1) I like the aesthetic of an extended barrel.
2) I cannot buy a threaded barrel because I'm in CA
3) I like tinkering with things (drones, cars, computers, AR-15, etc.)

If this is not possible, is it feasible to cut a tactical 5in barrel down? Or would the rifling need to complete the entire 5in to maintain consistency? (This would be a match barrel, so it would be headed to the gunsmith anyway) assuming I convert calibers can I use a 9mm extractor on a .40 slide

Very respectfully,
BooKoo

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Will an XDM 4.5" barrel fit and function in an XD 4" Service? More specifically will this Conversion Barrel for XD(M) 4.5 in 40SW - Barrel or Compensator | PISTOLGEAR fit on a XD40 4" Service model? I would like to convert from .40 to 9mm.

I ask because:
1) I like the aesthetic of an extended barrel.
2) I cannot buy a threaded barrel because I'm in CA
3) I like tinkering with things (drones, cars, computers, AR-15, etc.)

If this is not possible, is it feasible to cut a tactical 5in barrel down? Or would the rifling need to complete the entire 5in to maintain consistency? (This would be a match barrel, so it would be headed to the gunsmith anyway) assuming I convert calibers can I use a 9mm extractor on a .40 slide

Very respectfully,
BooKoo
The site says its for an xdm not an xd, I don't think the barrels are interchangeable. Call the company for more info.

Don

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I tried a Storm Lake "drop-in" barrel conversion and could not get it to feed right...had a lot of FTE, probably 1 per mag. Assuming I needed a new extractor (wasn't going to chance filing it) but came to the conclusion I will just put that money toward a new gun and stop messing with it.

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I tried a Storm Lake "drop-in" barrel conversion and could not get it to feed right...had a lot of FTE, probably 1 per mag. Assuming I needed a new extractor (wasn't going to chance filing it) but came to the conclusion I will just put that money toward a new gun and stop messing with it.
Was it a matched barrel? As in specifically for that particular pistol, or was it an XDM barrel in an XD as the OP was asking about.

Just wondering cuz I have a SL conversion barrel I haven't tried yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
^^ It is specifically for my XD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts