Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the XD9 Tactical bone stock that I shoot in IDPA and USPSA. I'm looking toward the 40 compact with the V10 ported barrel for IDPA and CC. I like the 5" barrel on my Tactical, but I need to get comfortable with shorter barrel lengths as well. XD Pistols.com have these guns listed at 510.99, anyone own and like the ported barrel ?

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Do you want the shorter barrel for competition? Cuz that don't make sense! Stick with the longer more accurate sight picture and barrel. I've fired the xd-40 v10 and remembered thinking XDs are capable of so much more! I personally don't like the ported; however it's worth mentioning that I did not own it and only fired it one day at the range.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you want the shorter barrel for competition? Cuz that don't make sense! Stick with the longer more accurate sight picture and barrel. I've fired the xd-40 v10 and remembered thinking XDs are capable of so much more! I personally don't like the ported; however it's worth mentioning that I did not own it and only fired it one day at the range.
I'd shoot both the 5" tactical 9mm and the 4" .40 compact in IDPA, different categories if I'm not mistaken. I view our IDPA as training/practise sessions as well as competition and I'd like to be proffecient in more than 1 barrel length. We have a good group of guys in our gun club, helpful and friendly it's not all about who wins (although that'd be nice :D).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you going to get a compact grip on the 4", or do you mean you want the service model?
It's the service model. The xdpistol site says compact, but after I checked the product number at the Springfield site it's under Service.
Thanks !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts