Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:arrow: Well I took out my new xd40 compact to the range today. We were just goofing off between my ruger p345r 45 and the xd. Well the xd blew away the ruger for accuracy, comfort, trigger and just about everything else. I did find out the my ruger fit my xdgear holster perfectly. I wanted to find out how fast I could shoot and be accurate. We paced out to 20 yards and let the xd rip out rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger. Boy oh boy that little pack of ciggarettes would jump everytime I fired pulled the trigger. I love this new toy. It just moved up to my new main carry piece. Not one FTF, FTE, ETC..... ETC... :D :D :D :D

steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Way cool and very good to hear. I can't wait till I can pick mine up this weekend. Its really hard to concentrate on work while reading, thinking and dreaming about guns and cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Stolivar,

I'm new to the forum, and could was pleased to see the list below your signature. I own a Ruger GP100 .357 mag revolver with 4" barrel, and was considering a phisically smaller gun for carry. Your list, including the xd40 9mm pretty much matches my current list of possible candidates. As far as the xd goes, I was considering both the full size and the compact.

If you had to pick just one out of your list:
xd40
taurus pt111
tuarus pt140 pro
ruger p345
keltec 3at
...Which would it be and why...if you don't mind me asking. I was looking for some opinions on several of these, and you could make it one-stop shopping for me! If anyone else would care to reply, the input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well mark,

I had only one choice for a gun it would be the xd40 hands down. I just love it. The way it handles shoots, the way you take it apart. Just simplicity and made very well. I love the ruger p345r, but it is just a little big for packing. Both of my taurus's will be sold by this weekend. A Kahr mk9 will replace both of the taurus's. I like both of them, but I am just moving up to better guns. now the little mouse gun from keltec goes with me everyday as a BUG. Never leave home without it. By the way the xd40 is a 40 cal. not a 9.....

steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Steve,

Glad to hear that you are so enthusiastic about the xd after having owned several others. I will seek out an xd to look at locally.

Speaking of Kahr, the E9 (economy version of the K9) is on my list of possible candidates. I held an E9 the other day, and the grip felt great. Of course it was heavier than the K9, but I sure liked what I saw of the workmanship from Kahr.

Thanks for the info, and for clearing up my error on the caliber of your xd.

·
Registered
114 Posts
one thing about the Kahr's; and this was told to me by the owner of mylocal gun shop, also a sheriff's SGT; the Kahr's need at least 200 rds of break in time. That being said, he carries his as a BUG on and off duty. I looked at tis for my significact other because she, and i weren't totally happy with the weapon she is currently carrying. FWIW

1 - 7 of 7 Posts