Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a XD40 Bi-Tone that I purchased about a year ago.

I have had 2 problems with it. One was the recoil assembly broke while I was shooting. I noticed that is was protruding out the front of the slide more than it should have before it broke. The second problem is that the gun shipped with a bad magazine that would not fit into the pistol without some effort. Springfield promptly fixed both problems and paid my return shipping costs.

I have heard of all the rust problems with the XD's even the Stainless like mine. I use CLP to clean all my weapons. I have never had any rust problems. I have even put beads of water on the slide and left them for days until they evaporated and still no rust problems.

I am going to do a test and shoot it and not clean it for several months and not oil it. I have a glock 26 that I love and I have had 2 other glocks in the past with no rust. I sold my G23 in favor of getting a Springfield XD40 and so far I am happy with the trade. My only concern is rust so I am going to do a Springfield Bi-Tone torture test. I will post the results and updates.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Your worried about rust but you want to try and make it rust?.... :?

WHY???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I am worried about rust hence the all around quality of the gun. Happy with the mechanism and design just hope the finish can stand up to the elements.

My end goal is this: I want the XD Bi-Tone finish to be = or > in durability to the Glock Tenifer Finish.

If it is then I will be very happy with the XD

My benchmark is the GLOCK. If the XD stainless can compare then that will make me happy

R

·
0 Posts
you knwo how the barrel gets all scratched up from the friction on the slide, I have put 400 rnd through mines since the sa kote and no scrtaches, it is true quality

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just sweat on it for a few days and leave it and see if it will rust. My original factory finish didn't have a problem rusting with sweat. I guess that would work better than water on a bi-tone too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts