Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around here for a while trying to decide if the xd is for me.. thanks to everyone for the help. This is going to be another one of those 'help me decide what to buy' or 'did I do the right thing' post so please bear with me.. Went to the gun shop to get a xd40 tactical, or cz85, and ended up getting a glock 35. There is a 5 day waiting period.. I am on day .5 and I have been questioning my decision. I am looking for a range/get started in competition gun. I am not interested in carrying the gun, or a .45. Although the cz is amazing, it is out because I would like to have a .40. I have not been able to shoot the glock or a xd tactical although I have shot the xd9 service. I really went to buy the xd40. The Glock was not even a choice.. but the shop I went to was PRO glock and clouded my vision (The trigger on the g35 helped too). I could probably not go wrong with either of these guns.. but did I do the right thing for my usage? Should I have bought the xd40 and spent the extra money on a trigger job etc. Does anyone with both guns?

I know the answer I would get from glocktalk.. but everyone here seems unbiased and helpful which is great!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I dont think there is anything wrong with your choice. There seems to be more aftermarket accessories and such for the glock which will probably help you some in the competition dept. I hear from alot of people that glocks are very accurate - assuming the guy shooting can do his part.

But at any rate.....I think you made the right choice either way. I just like the grip style of the XD more than the glock. Im still thinking about getting a glock in 10mm though.... :shock:

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
You picked the one you wanted, that makes it the best choice. Let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I also like the grip on the xd better.. adds confusion to my decision if I made the right decision.

XD ATTY, why did you prefer the xd?

\

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
OH MAN!! Did you just screw up royally or what!? You should have got the XD... Damn! Sorry about your luck dude. Maybe you can call the company that loaned you money for your car, and see if you can get a one month defferment on your payment (tell them your wife left you and took everything, or that you have cancer, or something...) and use the money to buy that nasty ol' Glock a better looking friend to play with.

LMBO

I would think you will like your new Glock just fine... If it had been me, I would have bought the XD 40.. That will most likely be my next pistol purchase.. and yes, I am partial.

Raymond

·
Registered
181 Posts
I multiple Glocks and multiple XDs. They both have their good and bad points, they are different guns and I enjoy shooting both. The y do fit into slightly different categories depending on what sort of competition you enter.

Enjoy your Glock and a few months from now go and buy an XD. The more the merrier.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No reason you can't have both, I love my Glocks just as much as my XD. Now I just need to build up my XD collection to be comparible with my Glocks! LOL :wink:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Backslash, I prefer the XD40T for a number of reasons:

I was looking for a range gun, not something to carry, so the size of the Tac doesnt matter.

It is the most comfortable grip I have ever experienced. Not so for Glock

It is the most accurate gun I have ever shot, without question. straight out of the box, I felt like I had been shooting this gun for years

Not a whole lot of recoil for a 40.

I like the trigger and grip safety.

You can change out the barrel to a 9 (or 357sig), although I haven't bothered to do so.

It is cheaper than the Glock - not that I cared, it wasn't about the money - but why would you pay more for less?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Five business days are up.. and the winner is...... the XD-40 tactical. The gun shoots great and now I have $180 (difference between G35 and XD-40) to go towards xd gear :D . Thanks for the feedback.

\

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
You have done well grasshoppA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts