Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an XD40 Tactical but traded it for a XD9 tactical. Unfortunately, the Tactical 9 doesn't group as well as the 40 did, and the 9 Tactical shoots about 6" high at 50 feet. Neither of the Tacticals shot as well as my service XD9 which hits about 1" high at 50 feet and puts 10 rounds into one ragged hole.

Now I am considering trading the 9 Tactical back in for a 40 Tactical, and buying a BARSTO 9mm conversion barrel for it. I'm confident the BARSTO will resolve any grouping issues.

My question is: How close does the 9mm conversion barrel print to the original 40 barrel? I'm picky enough that I want my guns to group well, and print at the point of aim or up to 2" high at ranges out to 25 yards.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
If this is a new gun under warranty why not send it back to Springfield and have them check it out; maybe the barrel was not fitted proper. I have an XD9 Tactical and it too shot high; I went and changed the front sight out with a Sig number 6 front to correct that...but it shoots very accurately.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts