Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this gun 1 month ago, it's had 100 rounds of PMC FMJ thru it, with about 5 jams, the cartridge gets stuck right at the bottom of the ramp or at the point where it sits on top the rail block, i have yet to find a FMJ without out a flat nose, so needless to say even cycling HP thru it by hand just shoves the bullet farther into the case, most of the time i cant even load it to keep it in "ready condition" as far as in the nightstand or daily carry, i have kept the mags loaded up for about 2 1/2 weeks to see if maybe the spring in the mag was at fault. The mag ( 1 ) will strip rounds off by hand without the nose tipping down as it did when new, but still hangs up on the feed ramp?????

I'm really stuck on this one and almost ready get rid of it. Ive researched this on this forum but had not quite found this same problem, so i joined to post this one, any feed back would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Oh and the times it does feed the steep angle of the feed ramp is causing the bullet to seat farther in also, i just smashed 8 rounds down today cycling them thru.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I'm really stuck on this one and almost ready get rid of it.
I'll buy it off ya' cheap. :)

Or you could send it off to Springfield with a detailed description and some photos.

·
Registered
527 Posts
How many diffrent types of ammo have you tried?
How does you feed ramp look/feel? Shiny and smooth or dull and rough? It should be shiny and smooth.

Maybe you should also get Don's guide rod and a heavier spring.

Or just send it to Springfield and have them fix it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It sounds like the magazine is holding the round too low, which causes the round to strike the feedramp low, causing the type of misfeed you describe. The 357 Sig round is known for feeding well, so this is probably something misaligned between the magazine and the gun.

Since the gun is so new, call Springfield and get their suggestions, which will probably be to send it in for repair. Don't do anything to the gun yourself, just send it in.

As for the flatnosed bullets, that is the only shape you're going to find in the 357 Sig, since the over all length of the loaded round is so short. The bullets have to either be flatnosed or hollowpoint, or the ogive of the bullet ends up in the neck of the case and the neck won't have enough tension to hold it.

I've got several thousand rounds through my 357 Sig Service model XD and have never had it misfeed.

Save yourself some grief and call Springfield today.

Hope this helps.

Fred

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello zekster76;
I have a xd 4" 357 and have thousends of rounds thru it with no FTF.
mine will feed empty cases.
check to see if you may have a 9mm mag. in the gun.
if the floor plate reads 357 then may be the factory put it on the wroung mag. body.
i believe all the body's are the same and the only difference is how they are adjusted.
you can take a pair of pliers and open the mag lips just a little.
but before you do that. try your extra mag and see if the feed problem goes away.
when you look at the back of a loaded mag. aprox 1/3 of the cart. should be above the mag. lips.
if all this fails send it to Springfield, they will fix it.
just my .02

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
ReloaderFred said:
It sounds like the magazine is holding the round too low, which causes the round to strike the feedramp low, causing the type of misfeed you describe. The 357 Sig round is known for feeding well, so this is probably something misaligned between the magazine and the gun.
+1

open the feedlips a bit.... i bet that will help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have put alot of ammo of all differant brands thru mine My gun has never failed
One time I had a problem and noticed I did not have the clip in all the way and it sounds like the issue you are having make sure that you seat the clip properly if not dont bother with all the tricks call springfeild tell them your problem the are awesome you could even end up with some extra's for the headache....

Just my 2 cents worth good luck If you decide to sell it will go fast...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it looks as i will have to call Springfield and send it in, for the most part everyones suggestions , the mag fully seated, the proper mag, and so on all seem correct, so i will call them today.Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Zekster, please send the pistol to me immediatly with a detailed description of what is wrong, if i cant get it to shoot right, or if i determine it is too fun to give back to you, ill give you a fair price for it. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts