Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are they going to put out a slim model?
I was hoping that was the latest big announcement, but to no avail
I do LOVE the 5.25 and was thinking about getting into competition and picking one up. But that's an expensive thing to be doing every month.
Any way just wondering what everyone's thoughts about a XDM slim model or single stack .45 compact or sub
Would love to see a 3" slim xdm in 9mm to compliment my 3.8 19round

·
Registered
620 Posts
I like the XD and XDm product lines... but it is getting kind of old to see the same old pistol reconfigured with a slightly different barrel length or grip length or color configuration. There is not doubt the XD/XDm family is a winner and a great product line for SA, but it would be good to see something like a single stack slim compact pistol to be added to their line. I recently bought an LCP for summer carry, but would have easily gone for a SA product if one was available.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Soooo many of us here was hopeing that a single stack "summer time" conceal polymere was gonna be released when SA was teasing us with the new product coming out.

I would be willing to bet, that from ALL the email that SA recieved, that R&D will take a long hard look for the "next" one that is released. There are several other brands out there that are covering that coner of the market. They should be thinking about their loyal customer base that would enjoy owning another Springfield. :D

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I recently bought an LCP for summer carry, but would have easily gone for a SA product if one was available.
You shoulda saved your money for just a little bit longer ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do LOVE the 5.25 and was thinking about getting into competition and picking one up. But that's an expensive thing to be doing every month.
How much does it cost where you live?To shoot IDPA here its $15 and you shoot less than 100 rounds usually.And you dont really need a tricked out gun to be competitive. Plus it gives you an excuse (like we need one) to go practice at least once a month :)

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
You shoulda saved your money for just a little bit longer ;)
Yeah... me too
. Is that your way of saying simply do not like the LCP, or have you heard something about another new polymer pistol coming out?

I was also hoping for an XD version of the EMP, but oh well.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Fits nicely in my medium hands. Why mess with the perfect ergonomics this thing has?

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
I like the XD and XDm product lines... but it is getting kind of old to see the same old pistol reconfigured with a slightly different barrel length or grip length or color configuration. There is not doubt the XD/XDm family is a winner and a great product line for SA, but it would be good to see something like a single stack slim compact pistol to be added to their line. I recently bought an LCP for summer carry, but would have easily gone for a SA product if one was available.
Simply Brilliant !!!

The next XD/XDm needs to be available in boutique colors.
Pink, Green, Blue, it's just like the Model-T ... Once only available in Black.

If we ask for color, I'm sure they'll give us a single stack.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Yeah... me too
. Is that your way of saying simply do not like the LCP, or have you heard something about another new polymer pistol coming out?

I was also hoping for an XD version of the EMP, but oh well.
Don't know anything about the LCP.

Lets just say it won't be long before there are two more poly pistols of very smallish dimensions and ONE of them will be from Beretta, the other? Hmmm ;) :twisted:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I like the idea of the Beretta but I would really really like SA to come up with their own "slim" design. My Subcompact is just too bulky and heavy to carry.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I like the idea of the Beretta but I would really really like SA to come up with their own "slim" design. My Subcompact is just too bulky and heavy to carry.
Hmmmm ;) :twisted:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Mind filling in the rest of us? I'm looking at picking up a single stack sub-compact but I'll hold off if springfield has something in the making. so far I haven't heard anything from them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Picked up a LCP a while ago for pocket carry, been wanting a single stack 9MM and really looking at the LC9. Love my XDm's and would pick up a SA single stack 9MM in a heartbeat, but if they can't announce something coming out, sooner or later I'm just get tired of waiting and i'm going to go with another company. Just about everyone else has a single stack 9MM out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I started single stack shopping after the 5.25 came out.The more I carry my sub compact,the more I come to the conclusion that I dont need a single stack 9.

So the longer SA waits to get on the ball the better the chances are that I wont pick one up.

·
Registered
895 Posts
a couple weeks ago i picked up a Kahr PM9 diamond black, it makes my xdm 3.8 compact look and feel like a full size pistol. its got a long trigger pull but smooth, and obviously recoil is felt more. although i love the pm9 it made me appreciate the xdm for its very short trigger and almost no recoil, it is a rapid fire machine. i was tired of waiting for SA to come out with something and the kahr screams quality easy concealment.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts