Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold my XDsc9mm because I can't get used to not have thumb safety
I have small hands and the sub compact 9mm fit perfect.
Are the 4"and 5" barrel 45 caliper have the same size grip or they are bigger?
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just sold my XDsc9mm because I can't get used to not have thumb safety
I have small hands and the sub compact 9mm fit perfect.
Are the 4"and 5" barrel 45 caliper have the same size grip or they are bigger?
Thanks for your help
I tried both the 40 cal and the 45 ACP versions when I bought mine and the 45 felt just slightly larger with the same #2 grip as the 40 cal. When I put the #1 grip on the 45 it then felt about the same as the 40 cal with the #2 grip. :)

I bought the 45 with the grip safety but now am selling it because I like the XDm 45 better.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
They are really only squarer than the 9 and 40, very similar feel.

·
Premium Member
23,636 Posts

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I don't notice the difference. I was actually impressed by how "small" the Croats were able to make it as I had tried/handled other high-cap .45s and they were huge. The Croats did an awesome job on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't notice the difference. I was actually impressed by how "small" the Croats were able to make it as I had tried/handled other high-cap .45s and they were huge. The Croats did an awesome job on it.
I agree, the Croats did a great job on the XD/XDm line. I love my XDm 45. I'd also like to give credit to S&W for their M&P 45s. They are even a little thinner and an ounce or two lighter. (lower mag capacity considered).

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I switched from 1911s to owning and carrying three XD platforms (45c, 9sc, and XDm 3.8 40 c). I don't notice a difference between the Springfields when shooting qualifications. The Pearce grip exptensions make them each feel alike. Only difference is recoil; the feel is the same.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the help, one more question...How is the recoil on the 45 mention above compair to the sub compact in 9mm (I'm 69 years old and my arm starting to show the miles:))

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thank you guys for the help, one more question...How is the recoil on the 45 mention above compair to the sub compact in 9mm (I'm 69 years old and my arm starting to show the miles:))
Well, I'm 68 and I find the 45s more than manageable, even pleasant. The recoil is different from the 9/40s. It may be stronger but, it's not near as snappy so, it feels lighter to me. I think you should have no problem with the 45 ACP if you're used to the 9 compact. Have fun, shoot often. :cool:

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I didn't find the recoil bad at all and was actually expecting more. You'd have to try it, though, to know if it'll work for you.

·
Premium Member
127,697 Posts
As has been mentioned by others I find the XD45 recoil to be more of a heavy "push" while the XD40 is more of a sharp "snap." The XD9SC recoil is quite manageable, IMO.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'm sure the "45 kicks like a mule" myth extends from the old Colt 45 Long Case revolvers, a completely different and larger cartridge.
Many many wiminz shoot 45ACP in competition with no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts