Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here had to have them? What do you need to do? Cost of shipping, who pays and turn around time.

During my last cleaning I noticed that a part I do not know the name of was bent upward slightly. I believe it is the part that causes the pistol to recock when the slide functons. It sort of looks like a "hook" pointing fowrard toward the muzzel. What drew my attention was that the slight bend made it difficult to put the slide back on the pistol after cleaning. This is the first problem I have ever had with any of my XD's, I have all 3 sizes of .40's, the problem is my sub-compact. I also have a 5" 45 GAP.

If anyone can give me the details on their experience getting these serviced, the name of the part I am refering to (I can take a digital pic and e-mail) etc I would appreciate it.

Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do a search (See the little search button at the top of the page). There are many threads talking about shipping guns back and forth to SA.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I believe that you are talking about the ejector
which is bent.

Ed

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I figured I would start with the 800 number tomorrow, I just wanted the best shot I could have at sounding reasonably intelligent. I am mechanically inept, one of the reasons I like the XD's, I can get them back together!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Ed Ely said:
I believe that you are talking about the ejector
which is bent.

Ed
That is what it sounds like, but it will be surprising if it is. That is a MIM part, I believe, and it usually breaks before it bends.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does seem strange. I stripped my 4" down to compare and it looked fine, the 3" looked to have taken quite a beating and was showing wear. I'll give them a ring and see what they can do (and what I have to do). Timing was OK in that it is my summer carry gun. I switch to the 4" in the cooler months as I can wear more to conceal. . . As such the finish is pretty beat, maybe they will give it a once over and it will come back much better.

I love the gun, shoots GREAT for its size. I make it a point to put a couple hundred rounds through my carry gun a month, usually I shoot my 5" first run of an IDPA match then reshoot with what ever I am carrying that season. One thing that differentiated it from the others I have (that look good) is that I have shot more defense ammo through it this year than the others. I clear out my supply in an effort to rotate about one every 4-6 weeks, but I would not expect that a couple hundred rounds of that would wear that much that quickly.

Thanks for the info.

Rick

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent it back. It was the ejector. I have heard gripes about XD finishes and this one certainly showed substantial wear so I mentioned that to them. They asked me to include a letter describing what was wrong. Turn around was about two weeks. I asked them to call before they shipped, they did. I asked them what they fixed, they said "Ejector" I asked about the finish, they said it was wear, not covered they could refinish for $60.00. I mentioned I have had other guns that did not wear as bad as quick. They said something to the effect of the XD's do show alot of wear as if it was no big deal.

It was worth a shot, I would have never sent it to them for just the finish but since it was there I figured they might do something for it. They were running into their inventory cycle so they wanted to be done with it.

I am a little disappointed, but they fixed the functionality problem so I'll be glad about that. I love their guns, I jsut wish I did not dread calling them so badly. It seems like it is ALWAYS a problem when I have to cal them even to BUY something or to inquire about a new product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts