Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the "usual" time for SA to ship XD's to dealers???

What length of time would you wait on a dealer before you went elsewhere?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,951 Posts
Well for the most part dealers order from a distributor. SA does ship dealer direct but even the authorized dealers get the yearly promotions from the distributors. Another dealer direct plan is if you order a bunch of SA firearms in bulk. Your dealer should be able to log into his distributor's website or call them up and find out if they have the weapon you want right now. The dealer probably wants to add that pistol with his next order so the shipping is split among many items.

If the dealer cant give you an answer the same day move on to another dealer who wont give you the run around. Everything can be done with the computer and inventories can easily be checked.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I got my XD-9 service in about 3 weeks from the SA factory direct to my FFL. At the same time, a friend of mine had an order in for a 45 GAP tactical model and Springfield said it would be close to the end of the year (this was back in March). :shock: He changed his mind and had them ship a bi-tone XD-9 service instead.

I think it really depends on 1) what you're looking for and 2) where your dealer gets his XD's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts