Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide between a XD in 9mm or a Glock 19. I am mainly wanting something to hit the range cheap with. I dont want this to turn into which is better, I'm just interested in the Glock trigger pull. Anyone own both XD and a Glock? Which has a nicer trigger pull? I know I can modify both the triggers, just curious on the Glock trigger pull as I have never shot one. 8)

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have shot both the xd-9 and the glock 17 and i preffer the XD's trigger.
but i think this will fall under the argument of opinions are like assholes........

·
Registered
209 Posts
I like the XD trigger pull more. The XD has some creep and overtravel out of the box, but all in all, it breaks nicely and has a nice feel to it. The Glock trigger feels a bit more "mushy to me."

But that's just me. Totally subjective subject. There are a lot of very good shooters around who like the Glock trigger a whole lot more. YMMV.

As far as modifications go, the Glock is an easier platform to work with. You can buy basically drop in trigger groups which change the break down to 2-3lbs. Some people I shoot with in IDPA drop a light trigger in for competition and switch back for carry. The XD requires gunsmith level skills to change the trigger.

The right answer is whatever you like is the best.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'd stick with the XD if for nothing else your already familiar with it.

IMHO the Glock has a different feel in the trigger and grip. I traded off my G17 for my XD40 service because of how it felt in my hand and have no regrets.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
HS/XD has the nicer pull for me, but Glock as the shorter re-set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I prefer the Glock's trigger. It's heavier and constant pressure all the way down, kinda like a DA but not as heavy. I still like the XD but the Glock's trigger was the big deciding factor for me when choosing a primary pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts