Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a .40 XD Tactical to compete in USPSA Limited class. I shoot my 9mm Tactical in production, but want to be more competitive in limited with the .40. I wanted to know if anyone out there shoots a .40 Tactical in Limited class, and if you've done any modifications to the gun.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You will want to shoot L10 with your 40 because of magazine capacity.

Goto Pistol Gear, get you a mag well. Another thing nice is to get the pierce +2s not for the capacity but it just gives you a longer magazine to hold on to. XD mags with Pierce +2s is right around 136-138mm.

Make sure you're using major PF ammo too, 165gr WWB has been know (and not known) of making major.

Shooting a 9 in Limited having to do minor PF will gank your scores bigtime.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I woud use it for limted 10. We have a few guys that shoot the Tactical in L-10 at our club and they do very well with it. I would not use it for a limted gun because of the lack of magazine capacity.
The guys shooting the Tactical that I know with WWB have Chronoed 180 and up PF which is a bit high. One guy I know of was shooting Blazer and it tested out to be 190 PF! It seems to handle it well and their follow-up shots are still fast.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
You can be competitive with your 40 if you plan your reloads well. I usually use my 9mm with 40 mags and +2 bases. Gives you 18 +1 at LAMR. Don't worry about the minor PF, just put 'em all in the A zone! :wink:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Definitely go Limited-10 with the XD-40. Given that the XD was originally a 9mm gun the magazine well is too narrow to efficiently stack 40 S&W rounds. Many of the STI and SV guns manage to get 18,19 and some even 20 rounds in their 40 magazines, but given the narrow size of the XD magazine your maximum is going to be about 15 rounds while staying under the 140mm max length.

Not to mention why would you want to shoot Limited when you can shoot Limited-10. You’re missing out on all those extra reloads by shooting those big stick magazines. Reloading is one of the biggest reasons I got into USPSA shooting.

mcb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts