Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is to my knowledge that Xd's can take beretta Clips. Therefore if you find a beretta hicap mags you can use them on the XD. Which i heard are very common to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
The baretta mag sticks out of the XD and you cannot slam it in the gun as you might break the extractor from my understanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,951 Posts
They work, but if you going to go through that much trouble you might as well just use a 10 rnd (common to find) 40 cal mag and put 15 rounds into it. This is flush and requires almost no fiddling.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Been using a couple of the .40 10 rd mags for my XD-9. I saw a post about it before I had picked them up and can't seem to find it anymore. Having a slight problem with the 15th round. The slide locks back with 1 rd still in the mag. Someone mentioned bending something slightly as I recall, but I can't remember which way or which part of the mag. Any help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
polarbear said:
It is to my knowledge that Xd's can take beretta Clips. Therefore if you find a beretta hicap mags you can use them on the XD. Which i heard are very common to find.
It's a magazine. And no it does not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,289 Posts
I bought a one that had been modified and it would not lock the slide back after the last round ... I tested it by hand cycling the slide never made it to the range because I send it back to the guy .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
RockinAR said:
polarbear said:
It is to my knowledge that Xd's can take beretta Clips. Therefore if you find a beretta hicap mags you can use them on the XD. Which i heard are very common to find.
It's a magazine. And no it does not.
hehe... i was waiting for someone to point that out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,135 Posts
Polarbear,
Before this site was hacked, there were others posts reguarding this, pictures and everything. Don't take it personal. Yes a B-mag can work. Yes it can hang up on the last round. Yes you do have to cut a hole in it for the release. Yes, by the time its all said and done, just get a 10 round 40 or even a 15 round 9 mag. much easier and ready to go out of the package, no trimming, bending required.

welcome to site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I think i wasn't clear on my first post. The .40 10 rd. mags I am using are Springfield XD mags and the slide locks open leaving one round in the mag. Any help?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
godpartii said:
I think i wasn't clear on my first post. The .40 10 rd. mags I am using are Springfield XD mags and the slide locks open leaving one round in the mag. Any help?
I use the .40 mag in my 9mm, and had the same issue. You have to ever so slightly bend the tops of the mag inward. More of just flexing them than actually bending. Hope this helps...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
They work, but if you going to go through that much trouble you might as well just use a 10 rnd (common to find) 40 cal mag and put 15 rounds into it. This is flush and requires almost no fiddling.
sorry to bump an old thread but.... which model beretta mags work? i have a 4"XD and am looking for a particular mag holder. they dont sell one for the XD so i figured i would get on for beretta and put XD mags in it. are they that much alike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
therooster said:
ajamesp51 said:
They work, but if you going to go through that much trouble you might as well just use a 10 rnd (common to find) 40 cal mag and put 15 rounds into it. This is flush and requires almost no fiddling.
sorry to bump an old thread but.... which model beretta mags work? i have a 4"XD and am looking for a particular mag holder. they dont sell one for the XD so i figured i would get on for beretta and put XD mags in it. are they that much alike?
Magazine holders for Beretta 92/96 magazines work just fine for XD mags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
i discovered what you people have been saying. i had 5 b hicaps...gut the holes in em...and shot em. one mag would fall out after each shot. i'm no machinist but...i'm gonna let the professionals create the magazines that feed my weapon from now on. trying to scrimp and save a buck...wasted my time, and spent more on drill bits than on a box of 9mm. :shock:

i had this pipe dream of the 30 round b mags feeding my xd...still do. but i won't be the one making that happen. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Is there anyone who has ordered Beretta magazine holders for the XD?? When I look them up I see a whole list of Beretta 92 types, and 96 types. Which one would fit the XD?? are all the mags the same regardless of barrel length???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
lennyb1 said:
Is there anyone who has ordered Beretta magazine holders for the XD?? When I look them up I see a whole list of Beretta 92 types, and 96 types. Which one would fit the XD?? are all the mags the same regardless of barrel length???

XD mags fit into all Beretta 92/96 mag carriers. It's possible that it might be difficulet to grab the SC mags out of a full size carrier, but I don't know if anyone makes a carrier specific to the shorter magazines

But to answer your question, Yes, I use Beretta mag carriers for my XD mags, because I also carry Beretta mags in the carriers--for my Storm.
Blade-Tech is the brand I use.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top