Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the numerous replies to the trigger question.
To those who ask about the intention of a 2LB trigger, I can assure it is not for carry. I like the XD trigger just as it is from the factory for carry purpose.
I am interested in the trigger module so that I can compete head to head with Glock owners that have been using light triggers in IPSC for years.
I get a little tired of the "Glock Custom Guns" making XD owners look a little slow on speed shots.

Just lookin for a level playing field!

Thanks again for the many responses and suggestions.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes, we also do grip reductions and texturing on the XD, just like we do on the Glock and the Kahr. It comes out pretty nice and is very durable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hello Bob,

Thanks for the great products you are bringing to the XD competition shooters.
I'm really looking forward trying the new triger setup you have created.
As I said in my previous post, I'm just looking for a level playing field with the Glock shooters.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I still do not see what it wrong with the stock trigger. I actualy have a whol bunch of cops jelous of the way it feels compared to their Blocks.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
manygunner said:
I still do not see what it wrong with the stock trigger. I actualy have a whol bunch of cops jelous of the way it feels compared to their Blocks.
Actually there's nothing wrong with the stock trigger, but there isn't a OEM unit out there that can't benefit from a little tuning.
Even on a carry piece, the smoothing of contact points is advantages.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Bob,

On the magwell you are releasing, does it install with the existing opening on the heal of the XD, or does the heal of the XD need to be removed and the magwell attached. I guess what I am asking is, does the XD need to be permanently modified to use the BARSTO magwell?

Also, on the magwell, is it level with the base of the XD magazines, or do you need to get a bumper pad of sorts to lengthen the magazine?

I was not able to attend the SHOT Show, sorry for the questions. Thanks for the help!!

Regards,
Old School

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
2 pounds?

Yikes, I wouldn't want a trigger that light in anything, but a target/range bolt action single shot.

-Brickboy240

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Hey Bob,
Any chance of you guys producing Mags for the .40? Apparently the slack asses that make them now decided to retire or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
2 pounds?

Yikes, I wouldn't want a trigger that light in anything, but a target/range bolt action single shot.

-Brickboy240
Hello Brickboy,

I shoot bench rest and use a 2 oz trigger. It is the only way to be competitive in that discipline.
Today in USPSA there isn't a competitor shooting Standard Division that hasn't had some form of trigger work done on his Glock, 1911, etc.
2lb to 3lb is were you want to be for speed shoots.
If you want to be in the game you have to have the equipment.

I certainly don't want this type of work done on my carry rig but it works great in competition.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The magwell requires a small hole be drilled into the backstrap like the Glock has. There are no other modifications of the frame.

The magwell requires the use of an extended base pad which we will also be offering. It was designed for competition use so it was made a little deeper then a standard carry style magwell.

It is unlikely we will be in the magazine business in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Bob Hostetter said:
The magwell requires a small hole be drilled into the backstrap like the Glock has. There are no other modifications of the frame.

The magwell requires the use of an extended base pad which we will also be offering. It was designed for competition use so it was made a little deeper then a standard carry style magwell.

It is unlikely we will be in the magazine business in the foreseeable future.
Thanks!

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
stealthsniper said:
Old School,

How does the Bar-Sto installation compare to that of the magwell that you currently sell?
The magwell we offer has a portion that slips into the small opening on the slide. The plug portion of the magwell a screw that flare the plug like a wall anchor, holding it in the opening. There is a second, small screw on the back that is used to lock the mag well in place, by gripping the frame. No permanent modifications are required (other than the small pin hole on the frame, cause by the small locking screw).

·
Registered
48 Posts
im new to this gun, and web site, but from what i understand the trigger is 5 then 7lbs progressivly.. i would like to see 3 and 5lbs, with a litlle better transition between the stages. i checked the Barsto web site but i didnt see anything.. release date?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Bob Hostetter said:
We also introduced a new recoil spring rod, a magwell, and an extended mag release button at the Shot Show. These are of course in addition to the complete line of match barrels we offer.
But do you carry a slide release extender for the SC for us southpaws?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts