Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All-

Wanted to get everyone’s experiences with their trigger.

I’ve got an XD45 Service with a 5.5-6 lb trigger it’s up over 2500 rounds maybe? And, I’ve got an XD9 with a 4.5-5 lb trigger. It has roughly 1k rounds. Even out of the box, the XD9 has always been a nicer smoother trigger.

Is this a variation due to 45 vs 9? Or just gun to gun variation?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
My 45 was actually pretty smooth and broke at around 5 lb. My XDM 9 was a bit stiffer and the 10mm was about between the two. Even after installing PRP kits the 45 is still the lightest and smoothest.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 45 was actually pretty smooth and broke at around 5 lb. My XDM 9 was a bit stiffer and the 10mm was about between the two. Even after installing PRP kits the 45 is still the lightest and smoothest.
Interesting. The XD-m was supposed to have an improved match trigger over the regular XD series. I never could tell a difference between my XD-m 45 and XD 45 either. Both triggers felt identical. My XD9 is much better though.

Did you install the same PRP kit in them?

I’m thinking of a PRP kit, but may keep the XD9 trigger stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes they all got the same kit. It lightens the pull and also shortened the reset. The 45 kit was the older one with the plastic block for the trigger stop. It always felt mushy so I replaced that with the newer trigger that has the built in over travel stop. Even if you just polish the sear and striker surfaces it makes a difference. The M series pretty much have this done and that’s why some are better but sometimes they miss little burrs or machine marks. For CC I don’t mind a little more pull for safety because I always figure if the need arises, adrenaline will lighten the pull. :oops:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they all got the same kit. It lightens the pull and also shortened the reset. The 45 kit was the older one with the plastic block for the trigger stop. It always felt mushy so I replaced that with the newer trigger that has the built in over travel stop. Even if you just polish the sear and striker surfaces it makes a difference. The M series pretty much have this done and that’s why some are better but sometimes they miss little burrs or machine marks. For CC I don’t mind a little more pull for safety because I always figure if the need arises, adrenaline will lighten the pull. :oops:
Which specific kit did you get? Did you do the install yourself? I've watched a handful of YT vids and it looks pretty straightforward. Not sure if I want to go with the Extreme Trigger kit or not. Don't need a super light trigger. Might tackle this sometime next year or so.

·
Registered
93 Posts
On the 45 I went with the drop in and did the polishing of the sear myself. Thought they were all the same until I looked at the packages. Went with the match on the XDM’s. Did them all myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts