Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a gunsmith in Peoria area that is doing a trigger job on my XD40 as we speak. Charge - $40. That seems like a steal for a trigger job on these guns. I've talked to some local gun dealers in the area and they seem to like this guy. I'll keep ya posted on the results.

BTW - I'm only having him lighten it up to about 4 lbs. The trigger on my XD40 seemed heavier than the 5 lbs SA claims they have.

·
Registered
387 Posts
These triggers do vary a lot from gun to gun and they also tend to get better after a while.

It looks like it would hard to get a good 100% creep free trigger on the XD because the sear is in the frame and the striker is in the slide.

After some wear over the years on the sear, striker and slide to frame fit such a creep free trigger pull could get to the point it could become a problem.

I have been doing trigger jobs on 1911's, revolvers and Garands for years but I have not tried an XD yet. After looking at one I see that it would be fairly easy to get rid of some of the creep and just by polishing the sear and striker tab one would get a much better and lighter trigger pull.

·
Registered
137 Posts
bobby lee;
part of the creep and ruffness is because the trigger bar does not contact the sear. the trigger bar pulls the fireing pin safty and the fireing pin safty then pulls the sear.
i polished all contact services and it help a lot.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Now that I own one I will try to tune it when I get the time. They can't be any worse than a BHP.

If you can get a really good trigger on one of them then the XD should be easy.

Glocks are very easy to do.

I used to use the 3.5 connector but I have found that if you polish everything and use the standard 5.5 connector you will have a nice trigger.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bobby you are wright about the high power.
i have cused my self many times over one of those.
i have just started working on the xd.
fairly easy to get smooth pull and 3.5 to 3.75 lbs.
it takes more work to remove pre/over travel.
i am playing with that now.
barsto is comming out with a drop in pretuned trigger bar. if they are not to much it would be worth getting one from them. so you don't have to cut and weld anything.

·
Registered
214 Posts
yes! does anyone have more info about the barsto drop in bar? been looking everywhere and havent been able to get many details.

·
Registered
387 Posts
pistol fixer said:
it takes more work to remove pre/over travel.
i am playing with that now.
I don't mind the pre travel. I shoot service rifle class highpower so I am used to a two stage type trigger and I sort of like it. That is one reason I like Glocks and XD's. They sort of "feel" like a two stage military rifle trigger.

I also don't mind some overtravel. I just like my second stage to feel like a NM service rifle trigger. No creep and not too heavy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts