Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I'm looking to sell my original XD service and get a sc to compliment my m 3.8 (non compact). Goal is to get the new LightGuard for the home defense and the laserguard for the sc which I would carry. So I'm excited to get it done.

Recently I've also looked at trading and have found a couple of options, and this is where I need help. It kinda freaks me out to make a transaction like this. I have read the selling guns threads as well, but I get paranoid about why are they getting rid of it, is it fake? Or a scam? Internet people can be shady. Now they are probably worried about the same thing, but maybe you guys can give me some pointers and tips.

How can I tell if it's a fake copy or a real XD sc?

What are some key things I should look at from a quality standpoint?

What precautions would you recommend?

Does anyone have a receipt/form I can use to cover me in the event they use the gun for something bad?

Anything I might be overlooking?

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey guys

I'm looking to sell my original XD service and get a sc to compliment my m 3.8 (non compact). Goal is to get the new LightGuard for the home defense and the laserguard for the sc which I would carry. So I'm excited to get it done.

Recently I've also looked at trading and have found a couple of options, and this is where I need help. It kinda freaks me out to make a transaction like this. I have read the selling guns threads as well, but I get paranoid about why are they getting rid of it, is it fake? Or a scam? Internet people can be shady. Now they are probably worried about the same thing, but maybe you guys can give me some pointers and tips.

How can I tell if it's a fake copy or a real XD sc?

What are some key things I should look at from a quality standpoint?

What precautions would you recommend?

Does anyone have a receipt/form I can use to cover me in the event they use the gun for something bad?

Anything I might be overlooking?

Thanks
Well, the best advise I can give you is "Buy the Seller first before the item"! If he/she can provide a number of good references that have dealt with them before you are likely very safe.

You can make up a Bill of Sale that should include the buyer's Driver License number and a statement that "he or she is over 21 years old and not prohibited by any laws from owning or possessing a handgun". :)

Ray K.
Orlando, Florida

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
This is the biggest, best group of XD owners you will find. Why not offer it up for sale or trade on here? I've dealt many times with people from this forum on both firearms and non-firearm items. Luckily I've yet to find anything other than honest folks.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
As far as "using your gun for something bad" a legal FFL transfer will pretty much guarantee you will be in the clear.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
+1 on checking for age....CCW's and/or buy permits work good.
+200 on buying here on XDTalk.

Fake XD's? I have never seen/heard that one......has anyone?
I think James had a chocolate one? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts