Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 XDs (service 9m and Sub-40) and I NEED another. :twisted:

I am after a tatical now but wanted a little advice about the different
calibers. What is your pick and why? Thanks for the info. in advance.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
For price? 9mm.
For oomph? .357sig.
For middle ground? .40s&w

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just picked up my sub .40 last night to go with my service .40. I thought that this would hold me over for a while, but as I was finishing the paper work on the sub I started playing with a tactical and now I already want it. I think I'll pick it up in .40 yet again.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I went with the .40 for the middle ground factor. Good punch, cheap ammo.

·
Registered
452 Posts
mavisky said:
I went with the .40 for the middle ground factor. Good punch, cheap ammo.
Same here, I use my 40 Tact in USPSA matches. Shot damn nice out of the boxed. Couldn't be happier with my choice, I started off going towards the 9 but I also figured a bigger whole just might get me that "A" that should have been a "C"... :lol:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Georgia Arms Canned Heat ammo in .357 sig is only .24 cents per round more, than WWB 40 cal. That is 24/100th of a cent, or in other words, 24 cents more per 100 rounds than 100 rounds of WWB.

Ammo prices isnt a concern if you order in bulk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Georgia Arms Canned Heat ammo in .357 sig is only .24 cents per round more, than WWB 40 cal.

So Since WWB 100 rd value pack is $15 (or .15 per round) then sig ammo is .24 more per round which makes it .39 per round or $39 per boxof 100 WHAT A STEAL !!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Roadstarr23 said:
So Since WWB 100 rd value pack is $15 (or .15 per round) then sig ammo is .24 more per round which makes it .39 per round or $39 per boxof 100 WHAT A STEAL !!!
Ummm....I don't think you read his post close enough. Check out the decimal point. :wink:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just picked up my .40 today and must say I LOVE it! As for why I picked it over the 9, I'm planning on getting a 9mm conversion barrel, and I allready have a .357 mag (Ruger Security Six 6"), and could get the .357 conversion barrel if I want.........

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love my 9mm for cheap blasting, but I were picking one gun i'd get the .40, mainly because with a barrel swap you can shoot both 9mm or .357 Sig. Versatility rocks.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
JackStraw_1969 said:
I allready have a .357 mag (Ruger Security Six 6"), and could get the .357 conversion barrel if I want.........
Whooooa there! .357 Magnum and .357 Sig are two different animals and they don't mix. :shock:

.357 SIG

·
Registered
200 Posts
im partial to the XD Tactical 9MM. thats because i am very comfortable with the fit and the caliber. and thats why its my CCW carry . But its a personal comfort. and thats why i recomend the tactical 9MM.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would have to say of the three calibers the .357 sig will offer you the most performance hands down. I will be the first to admit that I have always been very prejudiced against the ".40 s&w". There was never anything original or spectacular about this caliber, just a shortened and much more limited 10mm.The .357 sig on the other hand is NOT a necked down .40 as many assume. The sig round uses shortened 10mm brass to help deal with the extra chamber pressures and the sig round develops phenomenol punch from a compact package,as it was intended to do!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts