Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my IDPA match my 5" XD and I took ESP for the 2nd month running. Although I was only 3rd overall.

Gun was a 5" 9mm XD w/ Canyon Creek action job and blaze orange 3-dot sights. Lubrication by Eezox. Holster by Blade-Tech. Ammo by Wolf. :roll: More on this later.

Of further note is that after the match I noticed my loaded chamber indicator was stuck in the 'loaded' position. Removal of the indicator revealed the socket where the indicator rides up and down in was caked with red primer sealant. Yep, the Wolf bit me in the end. In defense of Wolf, I will say that it took over 2000 rounds to do that to the gun, and of that 2k rounds I got 0 failures and good accuracy, at a great price.

But the final blow came several days later when I got my classifier scores. I shot a 108.59. Don't bother checking your IDPA manual, I'm gonna tell you what that means. I needed a 108.57 to make Expert. :evil: Yes, 1/50th!!! of a second. I'd have made Expert by 12 seconds if I'd been shooting a Glock. Dang it.

-Zett

P.S. Yes, I beat my nephew again. :wink:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Of further note is that after the match I noticed my loaded chamber indicator was stuck in the 'loaded' position. Removal of the indicator revealed the socket where the indicator rides up and down in was caked with red primer sealant.
The same thing happens to me when shooting lead reloads. The lead / wax residue builds up and is a PITA to remove.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I'd have made Expert by 12 seconds if I'd been shooting a Glock. Dang it.
Only if you were shooting the Glock in SSP. Shooting in ESP, you still would have missed it by .02 seconds.

.02 seconds sounds like a lot. However, several years ago at the Virginia Commonwealth (State) IDPA match, the top four finishers in three different divisions were separated by a total of only 0.03 seconds. This was after 10 stages and approximately 150 rounds fired.

Good shooting, keep it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snake-eater 1 said:
I'd have made Expert by 12 seconds if I'd been shooting a Glock. Dang it.
Only if you were shooting the Glock in SSP. Shooting in ESP, you still would have missed it by .02 seconds.

Good shooting, keep it up.
Thanks!

Good point re: SSP vs. ESP, I would indeed still have missed it. Actually, I would most likely have missed it by even more than I did, as I shoot my XD slightly better than any other handgun.

And yes, I WILL make expert shooting my XD as is. I shoot my carry gun, in my carry rig, as God and Jim Cirillo intended. I refuse to game-it-up regardless of the score it may cost me.

-Zett

·
Registered
72 Posts
Zett said:
I shoot my carry gun, in my carry rig, as God and Jim Cirillo intended. I refuse to game-it-up regardless of the score it may cost me.

-Zett
's the only way to shoot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts