Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an XD service model in 9mm. It's actually my wife's gun, but I shoot it more than her. I was going to buy a 9mm Tactical model but was wondering if there is anywhere I could just buy the Tactical upper with slide and barrel?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old School said:
You cannot buy just a slide for the XD.
So are you saying that you know for a fact that Springfield does not sell just the uppers or are you just saying that you don't know of anywhere that sells them?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I am 100% certain that you cannot buy just a slide for an XD, from Springfield Armory. If you findout otherwise, please let us know. I am aslo not aware of any outfit that makes a slide for the XD.

Complete guns only...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Old School said:
I am 100% certain that you cannot buy just a slide for an XD, from Springfield Armory. If you findout otherwise, please let us know. I am aslo not aware of any outfit that makes a slide for the XD.

Complete guns only...
Thanks. I wasn't doubting you, I was just trying to understand what you meant. Oh well, looks like I get to buy a whole new gun then. What a shame!

·
Registered
46 Posts
BTW, you're going to LOVE your XD-9 Tactical. I just put some rubber decal grips from pistol-gear.com on. The grip is sweet now (not that the stock grip is bad, just can be slippery when wet)! Now, if I only had more time to shoot....damn job, woman, friends, obligations, etc...
nocalkind
650 and counting with NO malfunctions of ANY sort...

·
Registered
104 Posts
You might do a search, but I seem to recall the uppers on the Tactical and the Service may not necessarily exchange on the same frame. However, on my XD40 Service, and my XD9 Tactical, the slides do seem to exchange. If you could find an upper and a barrel for sale, likely would not make economic sense anyway as likely it will cost almost the same as a new gun....

glfpunk said:
I have an XD service model in 9mm. It's actually my wife's gun, but I shoot it more than her. I was going to buy a 9mm Tactical model but was wondering if there is anywhere I could just buy the Tactical upper with slide and barrel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts