Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing either an XD tactical or Glock 21C for novice level competitive shooting. I have been told that a Springfield rep said not to take them apart very often as the parts will wear out or something to that effect. This made me wonder as to the robustness of the XD regarding target shooting, because this comment was supposedly made to police officers looking to upgrade, and who may engage in preventative maintenance quite often, perhaps weekly. This is the only bad comment I have heard about the XDs, other than some people think that they are still unproven compared to Glocks. I have not shot either, and both feel comfortable. The XD obviously less expensive. The sales guy favored the Glock, but did offer the firing range to test various models.

Thanks for your advice,
Josh

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have never heard that. Sounds like the sales guy wants you to buy the more expensive Glock :)
Best way to validate this is to email Springfield directly and get it from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I can also say along with Verm, that I have never heard of that....I was one of the first Police Departments, along with my fathers whom adpoted the XD....It is named XD for a reason....Xtreme Duty....Hope this helps! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
JC said:
I have been told that a Springfield rep said not to take them apart very often as the parts will wear out or something to that effect.
You sure that was a Springfield Rep? Parts are very robust and I have not had any problems taking mine apart and cleaning it after each 50 or 100 rounds

Bob

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
JC said:
I have been told that a Springfield rep said not to take them apart very often as the parts will wear out or something to that effect.

That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Granted, you dont need to do a complete disassembly after every 100 rounds (that is common sense for any pistol), but field stripping and cleaning, there is nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
813 Posts
was it the gun dealer who said the Springfied rep said that?

If so, go back in, and tell him one of two things...

1. Tell him since that's the case, you will give him 75 bucks below the marked price to take it off his hands, or

2. tell him you want the XD cause the Glock Rep warned you about Kabooms with their products. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts