Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got your heart going did'nt it ?
Do you think SA will ever make one.
I'm not a big fan of the Glock platform. Nothing wrong with them, just not for me.
I think the full size XD Tactical would make an excellent 10mm platform.
Any thought...

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
:rolleyes: oh boy, this again?

·
Registered
158 Posts
sarcastic answer:
no, springfield armory will never make a 10mm XD pistol because springfield is only licensed to sell the guns, they do not make them.

real answer:
no because the 10mm...as much as i love it...isnt a popular enough cartridge.

·
Registered
29,663 Posts
Well, it's been a couple of weeks since the last "I want a 10mm XD" thread, so I guess we were due...:rolleyes:

And, now, I will give my stock response to these threads:

Never. Gonna. Happen.

SA/HS will never sell enough of pistols to recoup the cost of designing/retooling/manufacturing. 10mm just is not enough of a going concern of a round anymore...it's very much a niche round like .41 magnum.

If you want a doublestack, polymer, striker-fired 10mm, get a Glock 20 (which was designed 20 years ago when 10mm was a going concern, and Glock has gotten their money back on it...which is why they still make 'em every now and again).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Google the 400 Corbon. Essentially a 10mm in power and shoots out of an XD45 with an aftermarket barrel.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Well, it's been a couple of weeks since the last "I want a 10mm XD" thread, so I guess we were due...:rolleyes:

And, now, I will give my stock response to these threads:

Never. Gonna. Happen.

SA/HS will never sell enough of pistols to recoup the cost of designing/retooling/manufacturing. 10mm just is not enough of a going concern of a round anymore...it's very much a niche round like .41 magnum.

If you want a doublestack, polymer, striker-fired 10mm, get a Glock 20 (which was designed 20 years ago when 10mm was a going concern, and Glock has gotten their money back on it...which is why they still make 'em every now and again).
This.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
You can almost set your watch to these threads ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts