Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took it to the range today and being a 1911 guy I never thought anything would possibly make me cheat on John Moses Browning but this XD has made me unfaithful! Man these things are unreal! Points well, shoots well, accurate and reliable! I love it. 250 round of UMC and not a hiccup or anything. It's the only non-1911 .45 I have found that I like and I've tried them all! All I can say is WOW!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just took it to the range today and being a 1911 guy I never thought anything would possibly make me cheat on John Moses Browning but this XD has made me unfaithful! Man these things are unreal! Points well, shoots well, accurate and reliable! I love it. 250 round of UMC and not a hiccup or anything. It's the only non-1911 .45 I have found that I like and I've tried them all! All I can say is WOW!

Not sure which hand I want you dealing from!:mrgreen:

I took a long time to figure out what hi-cap .45 I wanted too..I had finally narrowed it down to the M&P 45 and the XD. I couldn't have been happier with my choice either!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dead man's hand... Classic.

Yeah, I've found the XD to be the perfect fit for me. I put it in my hand the first time a year or so ago and it was all over. Trigger and all It fits perfect, and that makes all the difference.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and Congradulations on your New Love. ;)

I have a friend that was a true 1911 guy also, until one day he decided to shoot my XD. From the range, we drove straight to the gun store, and he bought an xd.45. It is now His new love as well, and the only thing he has carried since he bought it.

Again, Congrats on the .45, she sure is Puuuuurdy.....:wink:

As always, Stay Safe.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts

As a former 1911 carry kinda guy, it took me just one range session to take an XD over a 1911 for carry. I've got a DE/Stainless .45 Tactical that I carry regularly. I love it!!!

I have the XD45 Service but saw a used XD45 Tactical at Cabela's used counter today for $399. It was tempting...
$399 and you passed it up?!? Are you mad!!! Get yer butt back there pronto and pick that baby up!!

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania! And, nice toy you have there! :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Without me going to the springfield armory website, what is the diff between tactical and service of the XD45? Length? What?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Without me going to the springfield armory website, what is the diff between tactical and service of the XD45? Length? What?
Thanks.
One inch. The tactical is 5", and the service is 4".

·
Registered
59 Posts
I got the XD Tactical (same gun in pic) instead of a 1911 as my first auto. Totally the right choice! The 45 compact replaced it though, for carry.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Congrats and nice backdrop...:)

·
Registered
26 Posts

Have you tried HK45?

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
First I bought a XD45 Service then I bought a XD45 Tactical, it's my baby, It shoots straight and has very little kick. I have installed a PistolGear magwell black, Canyon Creek Tungsten Guide Rod(6 times heavier then the standard), PistolGear Drop-In Barrel XD (45ACP Tactical) and trigger job from Springer Precision. It almost looks like this http://www.springerprecision.com/art/gallery/customer/jruiz.JPG.. and shoots like that too. I don't have a red dot but HiViz green front sights and red rear sights. Love it Love it Love it. Can't ask for a better shooter.

Looks like this

1 - 15 of 15 Posts