·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys im locking to get a xd tactcal in 9mm
its going to be a range gun

can i do trigger work?? etc

Good and bad reviews, All are welcomed!

What do you like about it? What do you hate about it? Picky about ammo?

Tell me everything and anything can you please. Also, What would be a good price for this gun new?

Thanks everyone:):)

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Well if your looking at the Tactical 9mm (5 inch classic XD) you should also look at the 5.25 inch XDm competition 9mm.

I love longer slides and the sight radius they provide. The heavy nose in the 9mm keeps the muzzle down compared to the shorter slides.

For trigger work........whats your skill level and do you have the experience to work on your new 500-800 dollar gun? Consider it insurance and send the gun to Springer precision and tell them what you are looking for in a trigger. Could be easier and you know it will work afterwards.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have a 5" XD in 9mm. I'm one of the few who prefers the regular XD's to XDm's. I think I paid about $530 for it.

You can absolutely do trigger work to it. There are DIY kits from Powder River with plenty of instructional videos on YouTube or send it to Springfield's factory shop, Springer precision, Canyon Creek or anywhere else you find. I sent mine to Canyon Creek for a 3# 'competition' trigger and was very pleased with Rich's work.

·
Banned
38,922 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts